New to the forum!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by ordinaryshaver, Jan 14, 2018.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Howdy ya'll,
    I have been debating on whether or not I should sign up, and after lurking for a while, I have made the decision to go ahead and pull the trigger and sign up!

I have been wet shaving for about a year or so now, and I really have enjoyed it. It has become my way of relaxing and refocusing my mind.

A little bit about me, I live in south central Texas, but am originally from Arkansas. I enjoy shaving, (sounds odd to list that as a hobby) hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, and target shooting.

I probably wont be too active here, since most folks seem to know quite a bit more about the ins and outs of the wet shaving experience than I do, but I figured I would at least introduce myself and say hello

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

ordinaryshaver likes this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Welcome to TSD...glad to have you here.

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Welcome to The Shave Den! Feel free to ask any questions. There’s a lot of friendly and knowledgeable folks here and we’re always happy to help.

5. ordinaryshaver

Thank you guys for the kind and welcoming words. It sure goes along way to making a new guy feel welcomed.

I enjoy the hobby, and enjoy talking about it. I talk about it so much, swmbo is even considering joining the "movement" I just have to hide my razors so she doesn't take a liking to one and claim it, just like she did the first time I took her shooting.

Razorhound, AGHisBBS, sdguero and 4 others like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @ordinaryshaver from western NY, glad you decided to join us here at TSD.

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Welcome aboard! Don't be shy, this is the friendliest bunch of shaving enthusiasts you'll find anywhere! Jump in and ask questions, share pictures, stories, just have some fun while learning a lot too! Wander over to the 30 Day Thread and check it out if you like - it's all about learning to shave, master tools, and rumor has it those guys have way too much fun! Again, welcome and glad you found us!

RyX and ordinaryshaver like this.
  8. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Glade to have another Hog fan aboard! WPS!!!

9. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Welcome. Sounds like it is time to buy her a razor. Best way to keep her off your stuff. There are a lot of guys here that have done that. I am happily divorced so not a worry with me!

NCoxSTL and ordinaryshaver like this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

He said he was from Ar-Kansas....not that he liked it.:cool: Just saying.....

13. ordinaryshaver

Well, @wchnu , It goes without saying, like one of those "unspoken rules" For us "Arkies" only.

Sometimes, if you get enough of us together, we have been known to erupt in a chorus of what some call yells and chants. We are really just doing a hog call.
    If your nice, we may even let you in our club,and teach you the secret handshake;)

Tiredricefarmer likes this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ha!! Sorry I ring cowbells most of the time.

15. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

:shocked003::duel: :rolleyes005:

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Born and raised in the Mississippi Delta for the most part!:transport024:

17. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Yep. My wife has an Edwin Jagger Heather and her favorite, a 1965 Lady Gillette. The only thing she stole from me was a brush, which gave me a great excuse to buy another one.

18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Welcome!!

19. ordinaryshaver

Yep,
    I can see it now, "Honey, does this Razor make my butt look big?" Or, "Honey, does this Razor match my shoes?"
    There is no way this can go wrong....:(

sdguero and RyX like this.
  20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.