New Yaqi Brushes!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Kenny Ingram, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

IMO, a lot of the reason why not many are talking about Yaqi is they hear Chinese and they think, "cheap", not realizing that almost all of the knots and probably most of the brushes from companies like WCS, Razorock and Stirling are made in China anyways, probably by Yaqi.
    I'll admit, Ive considered picking a few up because the prices are right but I honestly dont need any more brushes right now.

9nein9, RyX, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: They definitely have a few I like, but I have 15 to 20 brushes to restore on hand. I only have one face to shave, so how many brushes do I need?

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’ve only got one pair of feet, but I have numerous pairs of shoes. So why let that stop you?

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thats the number I have to restore; I have 10 or 15 in my personal collection. :sport026:

9nein9, RyX, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  5. Badgerstate

Amen to that. The other day I was on the site, looking at their brushes, with a few in my cart and I was like, "do I really need more brushes???" The obvious answer was no and Im trying to live a simplier life, so I stopped myself.

6. blitz

blitz Member

The stirling/yaqi 2 band fan is fairly dense. which high end brands were you thinking of?

9nein9 likes this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Keeping it apples to apples (2 Band Finest), I will just leave it at Shavemac. Somewhat similarly, any of the denser Simpson Best models have more hair.

9nein9 and RyX like this.
  8. Kondor

Kondor Member

People start having problems... In the beginning the customer service seemed correct, now it is not existent! If you have a problem (poor manufacturing, quality issue, non-existent quality controls etc.) you are teased...:angry032:
    This is a "Sagrada Familia" synthetic brush (around 9.25€ and 4.22€ for shipment, a bit less than $US 17):

defective_Yaqi_Sagrada_1.jpg defective_Yaqi_Sagrada_2.jpg defective_Yaqi_Sagrada_3.jpg
    This is the YAQI factory reply:

"Dear ...
    May our people are busying sending parcel, so they made a mistake that not check it very well. Sorry for the inconvenience, to show our sorry, Please provide us your paypal account, we can return you 3 dollars. Next time, when you buy, we will send you a reazor as a gift. Chen Lijun
    "

It's not funny? :happy096:

Think about it before spending $US 30/35 or more (with shipment) bucks to buy a defective, poorly manufacturer, probably a product with quality issues, rejected by OEM/business customers and sold to private users...

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! Risk is high...

P.S.: AliExpress never reply to your request to get back your money. Everything will be lost in China's sea... :(

9nein9 likes this.
  9. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Got a slivertip on the way, tracking says it's in Chicago, should be here soon. FYI, bought it off aliexpress, however couldn't figure out how to use the 4 dollar off coupon.

9nein9 likes this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I hate that. Thank you for posting, I was planning to buy a brush in March.

9nein9 likes this.
  11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

$3 is probably exactly what they have into it, including shipping.

9nein9 likes this.
  12. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

I guess its a YMMV thing, i have 3 Yaqi brushes and love them

13. Badgerstate

My 3 Yaqi brushes arrived the other day and theyre perfect. Ive been using my 24mm badger with the mysterious space handle and its been a wonderful brush thus far. It shed a few hairs at first (as all badger brushes do) but since then it hasnt shed any hairs. Even if it starts to shed at some point in time or even if the knot falls out, I'll just reknot it because I love the handle.
    The other 2 brushes I have are 24mm synthetics, kind of like Yaqi's take on a tuxedo knot and they seem great. Theyre very soft and very densely packed. All in all, Im very happy with my purchase, so much so infact, that I recently put in an order for a travel badger brush.

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Have you tried combing the knot? I notice many times that when I have a "hole" in the knot it is simply due to fibers being bent down and trapped by other fibers. A quick combing usually get them all realigned and standing straight.

9nein9, RyX, tuxxdk and 1 other person like this.
  15. Linuxguile

I have 5 Yaqi brushes now and have had no problems with them. I will say that the silver tip badger had a good bit of funk to it that I'm still working out. Be sure to check out the knot dimensions in the description of each brush because each synthetic has a very different feel to it as well. The 26mm Evil Zebrahas a high loft (60mm) and feels a bit floppy, the 28mm Tuxedo has fantastic backbone and feels very much like a Simpson's synthetic( I'm comparing it to a Chubby 2), and the 30mm black knot is super dense but has less backbone then the 28mm. The 24mm Boar knot is much smaller then the Stirling Boar, in use it almost seems too small.

16. GawainandtheGreenKnight

GawainandtheGreenKnight Well-Known Member

Just got my new slivertip Yaqi. What a thing of beauty, haven't had chance to use it yet, just shampoo wash before work. So excited to get home and take it for spin.

9nein9, RyX and Enrico like this.
  17. blitz

blitz Member

I got a new brush and a partial refund so ymmv. Regardless file a claim with aliexpress and upload the required video clip and you will get a full refund.

9nein9, RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  18. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Ha! Truth is often funnier than fiction.

9nein9, RyX, Linuxguile and 1 other person like this.
  19. Badgerstate

It kind of makes you wonder how bad we're all getting ripped off buying all these $100+ brushes. The knots all come from China anyways, so its not like they have a ton of money in the knots and theres no way any handle costs that much to make.

20. Linuxguile

Not all knots come from China. Paladin, Shavemac, Simpson's, M&F and I'm sure a few other high end brushes use hand tied knots.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk