New Yaqi Brushes!

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Kenny Ingram, Nov 16, 2017.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Thank you. I never meant to imply that there wasn’t a human component to their knots, as if they just threw live badgers into wood chippers and completed brushes came out. I just don’t think that when you are speaking about “Hand Tied” Yaqi, and “Hand Tied” Simpson, that it is much of an apples to apples comparison, and that you can not compare them price wise because they are both “Hand Tied”.

And I don’t honestly believe that anyone who has used a few examples of Yaqi, vs. any of the other big name brands, can honestly claim the quality is the same.

I really like my Yaqi badger brushes, but I try to be realistic about what they are: A very good product at a great price.

PLANofMAN, saturnine, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

9nein9, RyX, wareham and 1 other person like this.
  3. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too. It looks like he is just applying soapy water...

Probably a similar reason that results in razors being assembled backward/up side down in vendor photographs. The people they hired to film it had no idea what they were doing with the product.

PLANofMAN, 9nein9, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Why would a guy with a beard have any clue what to do. :D

9nein9 and Weasel640 like this.
  5. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

No clue. All I can say is that some lack critical thinking skills...

9nein9 likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

He thinks he's washing his beard. :happy102:

9nein9 likes this.
  7. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

They made not be but the quality and performance of them matches any Muhle or Semoge brush I've ever used. If a Kia blows the doors off a Porsche and costs 1/4 as much, why would you buy a Porsche?

9nein9, LuvWetShavin and RyX like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Cause a Porsche is cooler and has better resale value. :happy097:

9nein9 and Shadow Shaver like this.
  9. Badgerstate

Well, there's certainly that. I like my cars like I like my women though: a cheap date, low maintenance and Asian.

Enrico and RyX like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I say a lot of things tongue in cheek, but I owned a 2001 brand new Kia Spectra ... worst car I EVER owned and it was the only new car I've ever bought. I now own a 2007 Subaru ... great vehicle.

Shadow Shaver likes this.
  11. Badgerstate

My wife drives a '16 Hyundai Tucson. Great SUV. Kia/Hyundais quality issues are long behind them. My wife is pretty hard on her cars and she hasn't managed to break her Hyundai yet. If she hasn't broken it on 2 years, it must be a solid car.
    About Subaru, I love Subarus but their quality is pretty bad right now. A buddy of mine bought a '17 WRX and he traded it after the motor blew up twice in a year. They were tanks up until about 5 years ago though.

Enrico likes this.
  12. blitz

blitz Member

everyone needs to stop throwing the term "hand tied" around like it means something. Forming handfuls of hair with a glorified thimble isn't rocket science. I also have yet to see pics of some magic machine for shaving brushes despite claims to the contrary. You buy from from shavemac, paladin etc because they are pickier about the grade, sizing, and quality of construction. At the same time Simpsons is slowing going downhill so I wouldn't be so quick to knock Chinese outfits. Besides all I saw was high praise for the stirling fan before it became common knowledge that it was a Yaqi (ex. it performs like brushes several times the price) .

Enrico likes this.
  13. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Exactly this .. and not only Stirling synthetics but Maggard, RazoRock etc etc all use those same Yaqi knots .. if people only knew

Another point, people praising Yaqi brushes (like myself) are not comparing them to $250-$350 brushes .. im saying i seriously doubt you find a better brush for the price. My 2-band finest Yaqi was all of $37 and i'd bet it outperforms some brushes 3x-4x its price ... just my opinion

RyX and Enrico like this.
  14. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Since you are quoting me I will respond. I have never “knocked” Yaqi brushes, and have more of them in my den than most people have brushes at all. In fact, I have recommended them countless times, and praised them for providing an excellent brush at a good price. So just because I do not feel that their quality is the same as that of higher end brushes, does not mean I am claiming they are of low quality. Quite the opposite, if you actually took the time to read my posts in context.

As far as throwing around the term “hand tied”, again you aren’t following my posts in context. The difference in sorting, weighing, forming, gluing, combing etc, the amount of amount of labor involved in turning out a quality knot, is night and day between any of the higher end brush makers and their inexpensive counterparts. As I said before, I was never claiming that Chinese manufacturers were throwing badgers into wood chippers and collecting knots out of the chute. I also commented that Paladins knots were tied in China, so I’m not sure where you are coming from on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shadow Shaver and Linuxguile like this.
  15. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

A couple of Yaqi Tuxedo brushes in 28mm & 30mm knots. Picked them up from WCS last week when they posted them on their website. Very good performers for the $$$. Very soft tips, decent backbone and splay. Builds lather with the best of them. Me is happy.... :)

0A22A7AC-98EF-453C-ACC1-1EA65EC0D420.jpeg

16. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Enrico likes this.
  17. alesmv

alesmv Member

Not that it looks like ... IT'S FROM YAQI.

Almost all the online stores that you know, and artisan manufacturers of brushes, buy in Yaqi, because they have the best prices and the quality is maximum

Someone has given the link to the Alibaba store, the Australia store is better, the web is better designed .. https://www.yaqishaving.com.au/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brit likes this.
  18. ischiapp

I love its design.
    But prices need some design too.

@alesmv
    Looking info your blog, but I can't find info about M1905C / 2in1 brush.
    Can you give link or share the experience in here?

19. ischiapp

20. Axeman556

Axeman556 Well-Known Member

I really dig the yaqui mojito , it's a throw back to the old ever ready rubbersets