Newly discovered old lost razor brand- Regus!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by UncleStu, Feb 19, 2009.

1. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

Yes, it's true- on Evilbay, I discovered & bought, a brand of razor whose name had, until now, died with the 1950's- Regus! :D No, really, here's a link to the auction ;) to prove it, just read the seller's description: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220362688842

:happy102

Well, maybe not- I think it's a Gillette Tech with the vertically grooved handle- seen pix before but haven't seen one "in person". Or maybe there really was a Regus, I'll find out when it arrives.:D

2. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Yep that's a RegUS in a Sheraton case. Nice. ;)

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Regus humm mine says that too I have several rare razors
    Fuzzy

4. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

I bought a Gineto off of fleebay about 6 months ago. It turned out to be a black gillette slim adustable, which I already knew. The good part is that when the sellers type in the wrong info not as many people find them because it doens't pop up on searches for Gillette.

5. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Great find! Was the seller out of PATOFF razors? :rofl

Gineto? Damn, I passed that one by because I thought it said gelato and I wasn't in the mood for ice cream. :happy102

6. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Nice catch Uncle Stu.

Another great thing about your RegUs find - with the razor being from a pet free home, you can be sure some dog didn't shave his ba*** with it! Not a regular concern I agree, but you can rest easy none the less!

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

OK.. I guess I will have to add REGUS and PATOFF to my search lsit. :D

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have several that I can sell you.. they are rare so like Reynoldsart i will have to charge you more.

Fuzzy

9. UncleStu

UncleStu Member

Well, the "Regus" :D arrived today- the seller may not know much about razors, but I can't fault her honesty, that's for sure.

It's a no-date-code Gilette Tech, gold plated, with vertical grooves in the ball end handle. Cap has no "frosting" or lettering on its top, just smooth shiny gold. Guard-bar slots have parallel sides, not the sorta-triangle-shaped slots that are on my other ndc gold Tech. Overall condition is pretty nice, though certainly not collector grade. Haven't cleaned it yet, Scrubbing Bubbles & tothbrush may improve its looks a bit.;)

Oh yeah- someone over at B&B wants to start a "Shave With a Tech" week, if you'd care to join in. Lessee- I think I could now shave with a different razor every day for a week, & they'd all be Techs!:eek: To say *nothing* of all the other razors I've gotten.:rolleyes:

How did this happen to me?:confused: For "old time" shave stuff I had 1 cheap brush(Surrey, the VDH's earlier counterpart), 3 of Dad's old DE razors unused for years, 1 broken-handled coffee mug of mystery soap, and now....!?!?!?!?!?