Nivea shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by crackstar, Feb 20, 2007.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Very simply, Nivea shaving cream has a wonderful lather and skincare, but the scent just doesn't work for me. A pity because it's a very top notch cream. It's also not too available in Canada, and quite expensive. It's made in Germany by Beiersdorf Corp.

Jeff

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Well I did not know what to expect from this cream since I got it from a good friend with out knowing anything about it . I must say I was pleasantly surprised with every aspect of this cream. Everything just worked for me with this cream. I particularly like the scent, fresh, clean and masculine. I am going to order a few more tubes as soon as I get a chance.

Raf

3. Will

Will Nevermind

I like Florena more but this stuff is easily had and not bad at all.

4. crackstar

I love everything about this cream since I've tried it a month ago. It's very similar to Florena in scent, at least to me. It's also very cheap here in Canada, and easily found in every drugstore. It gives a great soothing to the skin, and prevents razor burn and irritation.
    Armand

5. Justin Low

Justin Low Member

I bought my tube of Nivea's Mild Shaving Cream locally, for about US$2.80.

The cream comes in a nicely printed metal tube, packed in a box. Not too flashy, but gets the job done.

Ease of lathering
    Relatively easy to lather; although for the first few seconds, the cream still seems quite solid.

It takes a fair bit of water, but results in a very nice shiny lather after a minute or so.

Life span of lather
    The lather was good even after I had finished my shave (three passes).

Moisturizing
    It left my skin feeling smooth and nice. Not drying at all.

Lubrication
    Extremely slick. It's about the most lubricating cream I've tried. The lather looks really shiny, and the razor just glides over easily.

How protective?
    The lather wasn't very dense, but I did not bleed at all in the whole week of using it. Terrific!

Scent
    The scent is close to the rest of the Nivea range. Subtle, clean, and masculine, but not exactly natural smelling. It does not linger long, and does not interfere with my cologne or EDT.

Price
    At $2.80 for such a terrific performer, who could ask for more?

Would you buy again?
    I've contemplated buying a carton. 'Nuff said.

Brush used was a Vulfix 2233 Super Badger, razor was a Merkur 38C loaded with a Gillette Super Thin blade.

6. crackstar

Available everywhere now

Nivea is being sold in just about every pharmacie here in Canada, and has become a replacement for Florena, which I feel is a much better cream.

7. sas71

sas71 Member

Good all around cream. Mine was labeled from India. If IIRC the scent reminded me of ARKO org cream. I didnt give a score for the moisturizing properties since I have oily skin and its always lubed up lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. smooth_n_slick

smooth_n_slick New Member

This cream is great and has had a recent scent change

I had tried a Eurpoean verion of this that was made in germany, also tried the N/A version, the cream is awesome value for what you pay it is nice and rich and very slick, non drying. I bought 2 tubes last fall on vacation, They have reformulated the scent which I find more fresh and modern then it's predecessor. For a cream cheaper them 4 bux...give it a try.

9. crackstar

They're both made in Germany. The older version performed very well also, but I didn't like the scent.