Nivea

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by dangermouse, May 24, 2016.

1. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

I had a product query; I'd like the aftershave splash rather than the balm, it's not available in the UK. Anyway, the only way to email them was though the 'contact us' part of their webpage. As soon as I had sent my query, I received an email/link to their site with a 25% discount offer. I bought different two bottles of balm I hadn't tried before; the new shaving cream in a tube, and a few deodorants etc. Well worth saying hello to them in my opinion; especially if you like their products. You could just email to say how good you think Nivea is. As a final note - their stuff is really inexpensive.

2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Their Nivea for Men deodorant is brilliant. One of the best I've tried so far.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike and dangermouse like this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

BTW, it seems to me that there is not much interest in the Nivea Men products outside Europe, except for the shaving creams and aftershaves. Seems hardly anyone uses the Nivea Men cream and deo ... personally I think the cream is so good that it can double as an aftershave balm.

dangermouse likes this.
  4. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I've used the cream as after shave for a whole tube. Actually I don't really care if a product is cream or after shave, it works the same for me. I really like Nivea as well. What I don't like is, that they haven't really caught up with the whole paraben-be-gone yet. Also the sensitive balm is quite potent in scent, and looking at the ingredients shows perfume on the list. Sigh. Really, Nivea?

5. dangermouse

I thought Nivea had removed the parabens from their products. They aren't listed on the replenishing balm I have. Nick Shaves has a you tube video, wherein he goes back to using Nivea balm because they have removed the parabens he mentions it after 1:30-

I've just ordered some sensitive balm, we'll see what the smell is like. I'll report back.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    tuxxdk likes this.
  6. tuxxdk

I'm a happy camper then. The 2 year old bottle I had still contained it.

I guess water does flow under the bridge :-D

dangermouse likes this.
  7. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

I have the sensitive balm and it's awesome. The smell is faint - it's hard to explain but maybe like a clean smell..... it works great as a post shave though.

simms623, preidy and dangermouse like this.
  8. tuxxdk

Does anyone know if the sensitive balm has less scent in the US than EU? The one we have here is far from faint in smell/scent.

dangermouse likes this.
  9. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

Not sure. I got mine on eBay.... So who knows were it came from originally... But the one I have is definitely not strong as far as scent goes.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dangermouse likes this.
  10. dangermouse

The replenishing balm, from the 'originals' range is a nice mild clean smell. I like it. The balm from the 'cool kick' range is too flowery for me. I'll check the ingredients with the Proraso blue balm. They seem to have a very similar whiff. I don't like it!

11. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I couldn't agree more with that assessment. I've use the sensitive balm along with some other Stirling products.

simms623 likes this.
  12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I use Nivea Sensitive balm EVERY DAY! I can't imagine shaving and not using it. I've used it for years.

On another note about Nivea.....I emailed them yesterday and asked about availability of their shaving creams in the tube.
    [​IMG]

I told them that I could not find it locally. I had been wanting to try the sensitive cream in a tube but have never seen it in a retail outlet. They responded with this:

"We're sorry to disappoint you, but this product has been discontinued due to declining distribution and decreasing sales. It is a difficult decision to discontinue a product, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Unfortunately, we no longer have inventory nor do we know of retailers stocking the product."

So if you enjoy the Nivea cream in a tube get what you can because it's been discontinued!

brit and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I never even got to try it :(

George X and PLAla like this.
  14. dangermouse

That's strange. I've never seen it in the UK, but ordered some from their website where it's in the Just Arrived section, which kind of implies it's new. I was thinking I've probably got enough stuff to fill a shoe box and send it on, perhaps I should put some of this in. It's good stuff, I really enjoyed using it. It lathers like crazy.

PLAla and Robyflexx like this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Agreed!

16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The shaving cream is still on the German web site. Maybe it's just discontinued outside Europe/Germany?

17. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

Where did you get the deodorant ?

18. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

In the supermarket.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  19. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

In US ? I never seen it anywhere. Any particular store

20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I don't live in the US, so unfortunately I cannot answer that question from you.

I would guess drugstores?

Edit: this is the one I use: http://www.niveamen.co.uk/products/Dry-Impact-Roll-on

Carbide Mike likes this.