No Bay Rum!? YGBKM!!!!

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by 1OldGI, Dec 12, 2009.

1. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Masters and Stephans have little or no clove hit, and are mild enough for the office IMHO. However, if it is a clove hit you seek, try Dominica. It smacks good. For me, there are days when I really need that punch.

Just ordered a bottle of Superior 70 from Walgreens (11 oz for under $2). They ordered it from another store, and will call me when it is in. Other posters on this site spoke well of it. For the price it seems worth a try.

Update: Picked up my order of Superior 70 and have been using it for about 2 weeks. It is truly a fine Bay Rum. Not clovey. This stuff is a well kept secret.

2. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

I use the Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood and it's nice but has no staying power. I don't get any clove note in the Ogallala BR and it stays only about 20 minutes. About the only place to get the LV and Pinaud Bay Rum nowadays is the mail-order. I wait until I need lots of Pinaud/Clubman stuff and order it all at once to cut down on the shipping costs. :(

3. Jorocom

Jorocom New Member

Walgreen's in Northern NJ pretty much stocks Clubman AS, talc, and hair gel in the jar. No more Bay Rum, Lilac Vegetal, etc. There is a super Bed, Bath & Beyond that has a huge pharmacy/grooming area near me that blew me away when I first went there. I've seen not only Lilac Vegetal, but many other men's products that I don't see in the big chain pharmacys any more.

4. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

If you have Rite Aid drug stores in your area you might want to check them out. The one nearest my house has the Clubman Bay Rum and the Lilac Vegetal in stock.