NO BUY JULY 2015 or ARE YOU THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN UNIVERSE?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Omaney, Jun 22, 2015.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'll do it if you do it. You don't get a free ride

bnccna2, Seabs and Rufus T. like this.
  2. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

No malice intended...I've just been in awe of your passion for the hobby! Truly.
    - RT

Seabs and Darkbulb like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I just want you off eBay for a month :D - and who are we kidding, you wouldn't last a week ;)

4. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I guess I picked the wrong time to look at kamisoris! Although I guess it could be positive as I can shop for a month without making that impulse buy.

5. William232

William232 Active Member

If it's not too late to jump aboard I'd like to be included

Seabs and Darkbulb like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    My birthday is in July. No way am I going on a shopping hiatus. But I'd like to thank all of you who are. Best birthday present ever!:party:

(Besides, I didn't buy any shaving stuff in 2014, so I'm letting myself go a bit this year.)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
    Rufus T., Dubs and Seabs like this.
  7. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Bloody communist conspiracy... Ok, ok, I'm in! I think I sense a disturbance in the force... :(:signs131:

Rufus T. and Seabs like this.
  8. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

:signs002: Just checking...during July will there be a support program put in place for those going through withdrawal? :scared003::scared011::shocked029: :sad024::rolleyes005: :whacky011:

9. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

By my count, we're at 25 addict, er, participants so far. Sell your eBay stock now!

10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wow! A whole year without buying anything shave related. You must have all your ADs under control. :eatdrink047: :happy096:

Douglas Carey likes this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I have an EBay gift card burning a hole in my pocket. :scared007:

12. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

My only AD anymore is aftershave. I'm getting flak from SWMBO to pare down the collection. Then she has the gall to tell me she hasn't bought shoes in months. What's up with that?

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

So, you are admitting defeat without trying? I think you are just trying to thin out the competition for self-opening Hungarian lather catchers with wild boar tusk handles...

14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That Hungarian boar-tusk-handled lather catcher was mint. Mint I tell you!

15. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

I'm in. I had to replace both my water heater and washing machine in June, so it's not like I have discretionary cash around for shaving gear anyway.

Douglas Carey and Rufus T. like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

after a lot of thinking and consideration...... count me in. I need to use up some of the stuff I have accumulated anyways.

Darkbulb likes this.
  17. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

No Buy July 2014 was an eye opener for me. I found that I barely put a dent in my then current stash. It turned me around on a few ADs.

Darkbulb and Rufus T. like this.
  18. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yeah, same here. For those that participate and stick with it, it shows how much stuff you already have and how much you really don't need.

Darkbulb likes this.
  19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I just recouped a little over 500 bucks selling off a bunch of razors I'd have rarely used. It's Austerity Summer 2015.

20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I'm in. I need to stop buying anyway, and I've never joined one of these efforts before.

Darkbulb likes this.