No, Old Spice was never "reformulated"

Discussion in 'Scents' started by olafurson, Feb 21, 2009.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

If I find an Indian vendor, can I be sure it's the Shulton?

2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

3. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Where do you get it for that price?

4. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

eBay-There are several vendors. The prices are all around $10. Search for: Old Spice After Shave Lotion - Original Shulton 100ml

ObiDon, jeraldgordon and tuxxdk like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm sure it is.....I'm 58, and to me, older smells just fine.

ObiDon likes this.
  6. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Wow! Interesting thread. Being an Old Spice junkie, and of questionable membership, I had to chime in. I have Origional Shulton Old Spice AS and Cologne from the 1950s to the 1980s including the elusive Lime. I Have one AS that was gifted to me by my father in law from 1980. I don't have the best "nose" for scents but using this as a base I believe that all of my "old stock" is the same, with the exception of the Lime. I picked up a plastic bottle of Lime from the bay, made in India, and it just didn't smell right. I also found out that it made me sneeze if I used it. I recently picked up a frosted Lime OS AS bottle from the bay as a backup for the one I use, and discovered that it had been filled with the "new" scent. I had a sneezing fit after using it, as proof. I also have a bottle of "new" OS Classic that I received with an OS mug I picked up on the bay, and I like it. It says that it is made in Canada and distributed by P&G. I think this is the same stuff I can get locally. It's stronger than my Vintage OS when you first put it on, and seems to have a more powdery scent. I must admit that after 1 hr I could not tell the difference. So in conclusion, at least for me, the "Classic" Old Spice in its 2015 form from P&G and made in Canada works for me, but I'm in no danger of running out of my Shulton Old Spice. Now if you want my favorite Old Spice Lime you will have to get the vintage Shulton version from the 1960s. It's wonderful.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
    Rufus T. likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

it was like "Gee, let's try THIS and see what happens. OOOPS!"

crackstar likes this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I agree.

9. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Sadly, the Shulton License has expired and all the new AS and shave cream is now P&G. If you can find a vendor with the Shulton plastic AS bottle, buy it.