No Shave November

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Mike-R41, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Went 26 hours and 15 minutes today, give or take a few minutes.
    The whiskers were driving me nuts.
    tp

wristwatchb, BigD, RyX and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's why we "knock'em out".

BigD, AGHisBBS, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. ghostlife

ghostlife Well-Known Member

lol, no I work in the oil industry. Though the armed forces is where I got in the habit of shaving daily initially

have to shave for the same basic reason, so a SCBA or gasmask can seal to your face in an emergency

wristwatchb, BigD, RyX and 2 others like this.
  4. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

I did it last year in memoire of my uncle who had prostate cancer and was an amy scout in nom I don't know I'll be doing it this year.

wristwatchb, RyX and brit like this.
  5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Folks in these parts have been doing 'no shaves' that time of year for hunting season forever.

As for me, I sported a trimmed and cropped beard most of my adult life. I was lead to wetshaving when it began to look like I was wearing a big brillo pad.

I kept a 'circle beard', so if that counts, I'm in.

wristwatchb, BigD, RyX and 3 others like this.
  6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sorry, not in.

BigD and brit like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Don't have to think about that. I've had a 'stache since the mid '80's. I worked for a company that had a clean shaved policy until they hired a bearded outside sales guy. Several of the African-American guys were then granted permission because of the ingrown hair issues many deal with. The rest of us were shortly there after allowed mustaches. No one's seen my upper lip in almost 40 years. Since then I've grown anything from a soul patch to a full beard until the hair started turning white. I did try a handle bar, but I like the feeling of the rest being clean.

8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I did No Shave June. Unfortunately it was also No shower June and No Sleep in Bed June. I now have a rebuilt shoulder, and a refreshed knowledge of how bad I look with a beard!
    Sorry, I’m out.

9. Paul Turner

Time for some serious scissors work. Congrats that the shoulder area is in good shape now.

brit, RyX and Latherin’ Luddite like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I hope your recovery is going well!

Latherin’ Luddite, brit and RyX like this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I haven't missed more than a few days of shaving since I was a teenager. I had a mustache for 15 years until it changed colors. Now I'm pretty much a daily shaver. If I ever grew a beard, it would be patchy, and my Bride would kick me out of the house.

Kudos to everyone participating in No Shave November! December 1st is gonna be a fun shave. :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  12. Paul Turner

For some reason, I had you pegged as having a mustache NOW....that is until I saw your pictures with Cathy....to realize that we look a lot like. (I can't stop saying that,and believe me I WON'T. :)

brit, Edison Carter and RyX like this.
  13. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Looky here Magnum...

There's Modern Williams, and then there's everything else.
    BigD

brit, RyX and Edison Carter like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I vary between neatly trimmed to shaggy Snidely Whiplash. There's several stages like soup strainer & The Walrus that happen, too.
    shaggy Snidely Whiplash.gif

Edison Carter, brit and BigD like this.
  15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Go for it!!!

RyX and brit like this.
  16. Kilgore Trout

Nice dirt squirell.

RyX and brit like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

It might be silvery white, but I drink lots of coffee and enjoy gumbo. :eatdrink013:

brit likes this.
  18. Kilgore Trout

Mmmmmmm...gumbo.

brit likes this.
  19. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

I have no problems with beards that are well groomed and I wore one for decades. The problem is only about 10 percent of men can grow a decent full beard and only 1 percent keep it properly groomed. I mean, unless you like an unshaped mass of growth covering your most publicly exposed body part, get some trimmers.

brit, Enrico, ghostlife and 1 other person like this.
  20. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

First day growing the stache. I already want to shave it off. I'll give it two weeks. If I still feel the same I'm shaving it off and not shave my other parts instead (Armpits).

brit, Enrico and Edison Carter like this.