No shill bidding right!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by scottydoint, Jan 17, 2009.

1. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Hmmm........Why is he upset if he is getting people to pay so much for the razors? The individuals that purchased these cannot be part of a shave forum being that they are probably not educated on the matter. One question though.....why keep an auction private?

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That was interesting
    Fuzzy

3. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I am glad it is his last post....If I sold a razor for that much I wouldnt be ranting about all that legal mumbo jumbo. Have a drink sir.....An opininion is an opinion and you should feel fortunate that people are willing to pay so much for the razors! You shouldnt make threats either.....that wont help business at all.

4. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

+1. And why have a private auction? Especially when you post the names on here? Your talking about all these legalities, but I'm sure you just illegally posted those names by posing them here. You just broke a contract with all of those bidders.

5. nanwei29702

nanwei29702 New Member

Thanks pointing that out!

This is Nanwei's husband and that was my wifes last post. I got that corrected. Please read her topic. It is about the money and business I am going to loose because of false statements all over the web. How many people all over the world see these messages and then say "I won't buy from them, there dishonest". I am also finished with this discission board.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

2 last post.. I like it.

Fuzzy

7. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

This will be the last time I read this thread.

8. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

We have several what I would consider razor experts participating on this forum. I trust their experience and expertise, in fact rely on it, to steer me away from any shady or bad deals. I know they don't have an agenda.

Good day to you.

9. lamontqsanford

Oh wait, one more time, but this is definately the last time.

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Have your wife make her last post now.

Fuzzy

11. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

OH Tracy....you just cant get enough of it! I thought it was there last post anyways? I guess they love the attention as well. If I could get those prices I would also. Hell.... I am broke! I honestly dont think their business is going to be hurt since it seems that they have a pretty good following....with deep pockets at that!

12. lamontqsanford

I had a similar problem with this once. I kept running up the bid but didn't realize I was bidding against myself. Finally I won the bid and had to pay 15 times more than I originally paid for an item and had to paypal my self the money. Worst part was I lost the paypal fees in the long run:D. When will I learn.

Oh yeah, this is definately my last post, maybe.

13. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

OK, please calm down, everyone.

First of all, I think noone has actually stated that it IS shilled auctions, but several people thinks these explicit auctions have more bidders than the average auction of equal quality and the prices end higher and this leads to some speculation, undoubtedly...

Second, tone down the patronising, please.

14. The Zook

The Zook New Member

Who cares really... I wouldn't pay that much anyway, set a bid/snipe if you get it you get it, if not there's plenty more.

I've seen people selling razors here and other places that are pretty jacked up too - but hey, 'value' on items no longer made are set by the buyer - can't fault the seller if people are willing to pay it.

15. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

The questions and answers at the bottoms of the auctions have me cracking up

How obvious can someone get!