No Variation November - A TSD Challenge

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Bama Samurai, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Can you stick to one kit for 30 Days?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2015.
  1. Yes! I can do anything for a month!

28.9%
  2. No. I like variety too much.

35.6%
  3. Hah!! I see right through this, Samurai is promoting 30 Day Rules!!

20.0%
  4. I am just here for the cookies.

15.6%
  1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    I've had to go back to bowl lathering because the winter beard removed too much face from the equation for face lathering. Everything is going just fine albeit a little boring with no changes. Blades and soap will definitely last longer now.

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD 25 November 2015

No shave today! Laziness rules...however...

Happy Thanksgiving to all who gather here!

May you be blessed with joy and good company.

Have a terrific Wenesday evening!
    :)

3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I know I bent my rule earlier in the month by introducing the shavette but the Nationwide Box Tour box showed up and I won't be using any of my stuff other then a brush until I send it on its way. It was fun but I don't think I'll ever do a rule again. I like variety too much.

4. Bosoxfan

Bosoxfan Active Member

Progress 5
    Astra SP
    TOBS Grapefruit
    Asylum Brush

Been doing a three pass shave the last few days and enjoying it very much. Nice close shave with no or very little irritation.
    Tried Nivea balm. Was a little worried that it would leave a greasy feel but it was not bad at all. Might use it more often now that the cold dry weather is here. Still like my AS though....if money is goi g to be spent it will be on AS.
    Happy Thanksgiving - I am thankful for the Shave Den...a great place to hang out, share some common interests and where people are respectful of each other.

Boojum1, wristwatchb, Hodge and 3 others like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Today is a travel day and I actually had time for a leisurely shave this morning. You would think it would be the best shave of the month. Nope! I screwed up. I touched the blade down at too steep an angle when working around my goatee and left a one inch mark. Fortunately it wasn't very deep and didn't bleed very long. Otherwise it was a very nice shave.
    SOTD
    TOBS Grapefruit
    Rubberset 400
    Feather AC SS
    Feather Professional (5)
    Witch Hazel
    Legend Chrome Azzaro cologne
    Happy almost Thanksgiving!

Bosoxfan, wristwatchb, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  6. mrchick

I drove five hours today to visit my in-laws and am determined to finish the month with my Feather AC, so I bought a cover for it. Into the Dopp kit it went.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448505547.824146.jpg

7. Bama Samurai

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Glad you're here with us!

Bosoxfan and wristwatchb like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Check your first sentence. That's where it all fell apart.

9. mrchick

I actually like my in-laws

10. Bama Samurai

And that makes life much better. ☺

wristwatchb, Rufus T. and mrchick like this.
  11. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

That is one impressive cover for a straight razor! Enjoy your visit!

Did not need to shave today. No Variation is working - the technique has improved so much that I can miss a day or two. Then again, my beard is so light blond I could put cream on it and let the cat lick it off.

12. mrchick

Thank you! Glad to hear that no variation is working for you as well.

Bosoxfan, wristwatchb and twhite like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I think the old cat trick will pass for 'wet' whisker removal....so if we start comparing the efficientcy of various cats at this we could develop a case of CAD to go along with our otheR ADs...:eek:

Must be catching, I didn't shave today either....Happy Thanksgiving to you aswell my friend....and to all our beloved Denizens and theirs....

14. mrchick

I find that a cat only gets me a DFS. A dog can do a three pass BBS.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448515676.305496.jpg

15. Bird Lives

Of course a big dog like that will give a BBS in three passes but what about a small dog?
    I was thinking, if the toy breeds could be as efficient, they would fit in a smaller shave kit for traveling better... :shocked003:

Now heres a great little travel whisker whacker:
    image.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  16. mrchick

I find that I get too much irritation with a dog that size unless I take the strop to him first. 50-100 passes usually works quite well.

17. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Day 25 NoV
    I was traveling today so no time for a photo. I was pressed for time and only managed a quick two pass shave and out the door. Day eight on the same blade and Im noticing its not wacking whiskers as good as it was yesterday even. I was going to try to make it the rest of the month on this blade but dont think thats going to happen.

18. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

:happy097:

19. Bird Lives

:happy097::happy102::sad024::rofl:
    You killin me....I'm cryin ovah hee yah....

Whew.......Just don't try palm stropping......you might discover a tad more of that irritation....

Yo @Bama Samurai ....would this whole Beastiality Shaving Digress classify as shenanigans ?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  20. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

After 29 consecutive shaves covering 40 days, I had to make a change. Well, "had" is too strong of a word, but "wanted" is more appropriate and I put away my Vie-Long brush and pulled out the old Omega 10066 boar bristle to try a bit of bowl lathering. The lather was so slick and shiny looking that I went ahead and applied it to my neck and cheeks and shaved off two days worth of stubble. That was enough to convince me to try this brush for the rest of 2015.

On a related note, the winter beard is coming in quite nicely, although a bit itchy...

[​IMG]

mrchick, wristwatchb and Bosoxfan like this.