No Variation November - A TSD Challenge

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Bama Samurai, Oct 23, 2015.

?

Can you stick to one kit for 30 Days?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2015.
  1. Yes! I can do anything for a month!

28.9%
  2. No. I like variety too much.

35.6%
  3. Hah!! I see right through this, Samurai is promoting 30 Day Rules!!

20.0%
  4. I am just here for the cookies.

15.6%
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

No Variation November!!
    Completed!

30 November 2015

image.jpeg

One last nice two pass before moving on to December and a new focus! Thanks to everyone who tried and congrats to all who finished!

Have a terrific Tuesday!!
    :)

wristwatchb, mrchick and dscaver like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

November Summary

My set-up for the month included the Feather Artist Club SS kamisori, Feather blades, a Semogue 830 boar brush, and MdC scented soap. I set out to further develop my two-pass shave technique, break in the Semogue 830, and get more experience with MdC.

Over the course of the month, I was able to achieve near BBS shaves with no irritation on a consistent basis. I consider the Feather AC to be one of my "go to" razors, provided I'm willing to devote the time and focus to it.

The Semogue 830 and the MdC proved to be a great combination. I would rank the Semogue slightly behind my Omega Pro 98, in terms of performance and overall enjoyment of use. It is still breaking in, and I hope it will continue to release lather better and stop losing hairs. The brush itself has great backbone and soft tips, which makes it enjoyable to use.

This is the first time I've used MdC on a consistent basis. I love its scent and performance, and I barely made a dent in the puck.

Overall, this has been one of the most challenging and fun focuses of the year. A big thanks to Chris for being our gracious host! :happy096:

mrchick and dscaver like this.
  3. Joef

Joef Well-Known Member

Last shave of the challenge! Was a little easy for me since I'm a noob with limited gear. But I did get to learn this sledge hammer with personna reds and Wsp soap. Finally understand what technique trumps tools really means.
    Great shave tonight, very little feedback from the alum, and just the slightest bit of burn from the cc cat 0 nine tails. Not BBS, but a dfs!
    Now I'm looking forward to trying this route 66 soap!

4. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Well, today was the last day of this shave kit for awhile. Worked on improving my two pass shave results, which I did.

DSCN0234[1] (1024x768).jpg

Buy the looks of the Tabac, I can get another two months out of it. I am sure I have gotten about 90 shaves out of it already.

Have not given any thought to my next shave kit, might go with my Gillette open comb.

Dave

wristwatchb, mrchick and Joef like this.
  5. Epimetheus

Epimetheus Well-Known Member

1930's open comb
    Sharp Platinum, (started with the Voshkod but it felt rough. Learning when a blade is dull and not my poor technique.)
    Escali badger brush
    Taconic Eucalyptus and Mint

DFS, aaalmost BBS.

Thank heavens it is over! This month several nice razors and scents arrived. I was about to burst.

wristwatchb and mrchick like this.