non tallow tabac?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Glondus, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

No problem. The text is in German.

3. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Glad I still have some of their soap but there goes Tabac but there goes Tabac for me too. As much as I love it i will never purchase any Tabac products again. Also glad we have many choices to replace them!

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i still have 2 full jars of tabac.with the frequency in which i use it it will last me a long time.:)

5. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

So what other tallow soaps may be in danger of the same fate?

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Nobody knows, of course ... but I think the Tabac reformulation was a direct consequence of Kappus having to close several plants, which forced M&W to find another manufacturer.

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I’ve never tried this soap but it must be very popular as it’s sold out. It’s on my list to try eventually. It looks like when I get around to it.. it will be vegan. What are the benefits of a tallow based soap?

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I do not speak German as well. Lol!

Glondus, brit and Eeyore like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

My most recent Tabac purchase from last summer - shave sticks and refills - contain tallow. I assume the Tabac items I purchased months earlier also contain tallow.

I am using a Tabac shave stick for travel, and I have a metal container that contains two pucks in my current soap rotation. (If 1 puck is good, 2 pucks must be better, right?)

I also have a new Tabac milk glass container, 4 refill pucks, 2 shave sticks, and 9 shave stick refills. Thank goodness I've given some Tabac away. Otherwise, I might be accused of hoarding. :D

10. wristwatchb

I've heard Tabac leaves a mirror shine on British Gillettes.

11. OldSaw

OldSaw Active Member

It isn’t hoarding if you use it all before you die. At least, that’s what I told myself before going on a seek, find, buy mission.

12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Last weekend I ordered a puck of Tabac, to compare with the old version, and guess what happened?

Today my package was delivered, and much to my surprise, it is the old version!

I am set for many years now with the original Tabac soap, but I still can't do the comparison.

Paul Turner, Keithmax, OldSaw and 5 others like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I think the new formula will be just fine. It is still triple milled.
    Isn't MdC non-tallow?

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have yet to introduce myself to the shave stick persuasion of life.

Tdmsu and wristwatchb like this.
  15. wristwatchb

I can fix you up, Paul. Let me know. :)

Tdmsu, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Aah, I appreciate that Charlie, but it would be a completely new experience-to me the sticks don't look too powerful. Course if Rise SuperFoam ever made a stick that would be a different persuasion..would make it fun learning.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    wristwatchb and Tdmsu like this.
  17. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Hey! Don't hoard ALL of the soap! I only have one refill puck that I haven't had to use yet because I still have my first that I'm going through. But I do want to get my hands on more if possible.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Tdmsu like this.
  18. Michael_W

I haven't been able to verify any formula change for Tabac. The web site doesn't have any announcements that I can see.

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The report may be as valid as the yearly reports that Williams is being discontinued. :lyrtuy5:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  20. Michael_W

Well, it seems tallow has been removed from the list of ingredients. The two pucks I snagged on Amazon arrived on Wednesday and comparing them to the refill puck I got a couple of years ago, the sodium tallowate is gone.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Tedolph like this.