Noob Q 2: Straight??

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by olafurson, Feb 21, 2009.

1. olafurson

olafurson Member

OK, here's a potentially dumb question: does anybody ever go right from electric razoring to straight razoring? Or is that just a really bad idea?

2. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Some may have. I didn't. In fact, I've yet to get into straight razors like many have. I have bought a couple of them, and tried them out once, but I'm very content with my D/E razors and how they shave now.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am sure that you can. There is a steep learning curve with a Straight though. I can shave with them, but prefer the SE's and DE's. Good luck

Fuzzy

4. Crankymoose

Crankymoose Member

I am sure it could and has been done and even some who never shaved with anything but a straight.

However I would recommend at least learning how to make good slick lather before picking up a straight for some it may be just a couple times but for others longer before they settle into what works for them soaps, creams, bowl lathering, face lathering etc, that way when someone does start with a straight that is one less thing they will have to worry about as there is enough to concentrate on when staight shaving, such as stropping, blade angle and generally not shredding one self to pieces :D