NOV 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic&Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Bama Samurai, Oct 31, 2015.

?

What is your preferred method of making lather?

Poll closed Nov 30, 2015.
  1. Scuttle

12.3%
  2. Bowl, warm water

33.3%
  3. Bowl, cold water

3.5%
  4. Face lather, warm loaded brush

47.4%
  5. Face lather, cold loaded brush

8.8%
  6. Shave stick, warm water

8.8%
  7. Shave stick, cold water

3.5%
  8. Aerosol Foam

1.8%
  9. Lather is for the weak, I dry shave.

1.8%
  10. I am just here for the cookies

3.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

[​IMG]

Halvor, wmbjr, Bill_F and 6 others like this.
  2. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Someone at work is wondering why I was laughing so hard at my desk. I couldn't explain it...

Halvor, wmbjr, Bill_F and 4 others like this.
  3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I'm still wondering if @Queen of Blades has seen this yet. Its prime CT making.

wmbjr, Bill_F, wristwatchb and 4 others like this.
  4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Aristocrat Focus November 25:

Stirling Synthetic Brush
    Pre de Provence SS
    Gillette Aristocrat
    Stirling Unscented PSB
    Canoe AS

I didn't get a picture today, as I was too rushed. I did get in a good shave though. I have gotten the PdP down well enough that it is almost automatic on the lather. I also went with a Big Ben blade in the Aristocrat, and even though I was rushed, I still managed the best shave I have had from these blades. A good hump day shave

wmbjr, Keithmax, Bill_F and 6 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Aha, Burning Love...

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
    wmbjr, Bill_F, wristwatchb and 4 others like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

You may have a problem if...

wmbjr, Bill_F, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  7. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I think we should take his leather working skills into consideration. Perhaps....
    image.jpg

wmbjr, Bill_F, NCoxSTL and 5 others like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

Yeeeesssss!!! That needs to go on the CT thread...all this...

wmbjr, Bill_F, RaZorBurn123 and 4 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

One of many things we should never do...

Bill_F, NCoxSTL, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Troy and the skunk were in January...it's a tough call!

wmbjr, Bill_F, HolyRollah and 5 others like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Those 2 are certainly the top ones. I would rather deal with the skunk than have "great balls of fire". :eek:

CyanideMetal, wmbjr, Bill_F and 3 others like this.
  12. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

-High pitched scream-" Hunka Hunka Burning Love"-Screams again

Can't breathe.

CyanideMetal, wmbjr, Bill_F and 4 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

No shave for me today, either. I'm back in the Pain Stick game tomorrow.

My condolences to Mr. Fire and Ice. This tops anything Neal could have devised. Blazing Saddles is my vote for a CT. Burnished Leather also comes to mind. The tanning process can be very tricky, indeed.

We're all asked to explain the origin of our CT from time to time. I'm sure Adam will have fun telling his story.

CyanideMetal, wmbjr, Bill_F and 5 others like this.
  14. DDuckyMark

Well I'm not really focused anymore but I know you all want to hear about the box and my experiences with its bounty. Today I tried the Mystic Waters Lime face lathered with my 20mm WD synthetic. I put a dash of hot water on top of the soap for about 5 min before I tried to lather it. I had my brush soaking to hold warmth. I shook almost all of the water out so it was a mostly dry brush. I then started very slowly loading the brush and picking up the extra water from the soap on the brush. I then smeared the thick soapy paste all over my face and really worked it in. then I started dipping the tips of the brush in a mug of warm water and lathering along. I kept that up a few time until it was a soft creamy lather. Maybe 6 min all together.

I decided to load up an Astra SP in the Stalhy because neither me nor my fiance like it as well as we do other razors. I finished the first pass but I still didn't like how it felt so I pulled the blade and broke out the Fat Boy. I set him at about a 5 and breezed through a XTG and a partial ATG on the neck. Warm then cold rinse and back to the box for more product. I pulled out Pinauld's Citrus Musk sprayed it on and rubbed it in. The fiance loved my citrus smell so I'm happy to add both these products to my buy list later.

The mystic Waters Lime was almost better for each pass. It was everything a soap should be for me. I said this over in the box tour thread but I tried the veg on my arm and. . . My fiance loved it. She wants me to use it tomorrow for the holiday. I managed a DFS but I wasn't really trying this evening.

15. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Let's go to the replay gentlemen, and a bit of analysis.

Just a quick observation from the "Mikey" of this little band of brothers. As the one who seems to have a reputation for "he'll try anything", it may be worth noting that I do NOT have a menthol fetish nor do I find it necessary to add menthol to anything. The only menthol I use is Proraso and C.O. Bigelow, which is, of course, Proraso. Do I hate menthol? Nope. I just have a respect for the things menthol, in abundance or over-abundance, can do. Just saying.

More disasters and near-disasters have happened here after hearing those words in your head around here. When will we learn? :angry032: When those words pass through our minds the best thing to do is probably put the razor down and back away slowly.

That is a great point that I also was reminded of yesterday, though not in as bloody a way. The things we shave with, straight, pain stick, DE, SE, are all SHARP! Complacency leads to bloody messes. Literally. As for the menthol on the hands? Just be thankful it wasn't Icy Hot. Just saying.:angry021:

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Always happy when others share the misery joys of shaving like I do!

clint64, wristwatchb, wmbjr and 5 others like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I put some Icy Hot on my neck in public. Couldn't wait to get home to try it.

clint64, wristwatchb, wmbjr and 4 others like this.
  18. DDuckyMark

Or something worse then icyhot like tiger balm or biofreeze.

clint64, wristwatchb, wmbjr and 5 others like this.
  19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

:signs011: (adjusting uncomfortably in my seat)

clint64, wristwatchb, wmbjr and 4 others like this.
  20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Today is a travel day and I actually had time for a leisurely shave this morning. You would think it would be the best shave of the month. Nope! I screwed up. I touched the blade down at too steep an angle when working around my goatee and left a one inch mark. Fortunately it wasn't very deep and didn't bleed very long. Otherwise it was a very nice shave.
    SOTD
    TOBS Grapefruit
    Rubberset 400
    Feather AC SS
    Feather Professional (5)
    Witch Hazel
    Legend Chrome Azzaro cologne
    Happy almost Thanksgiving!

clint64, wristwatchb, wmbjr and 8 others like this.