November 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 31, 2018.

?

So what is your "NO" plan for this NOVember?

1. No Variation. Gonna RULE like a BOSS!!

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. No Repeat. Gonna run through gear like it's my last month to ever shave!

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. No Plan. Gonna wing it big time. Just do what seems right!

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  4. No shaves for me. Gonna be heretical and follow the rest of the world.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No clue. Seriously. I don't know, and won't know until it happens.

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. I'm just excited to have Donuts!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  7. I'm just going to say NO to anything you ask. NO! NO, I say!

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Love this photograph! Gotta be your birth year razor that, right old timer?

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks, young man! That's my Bride's birth quarter razor. I'm gonna tell her you called her an Old Timer! I wouldn't put it past my Kentucky girl to come lookin' for you. ;) The Gillette Fatboy I used recently was my birth quarter razor. I've got a few other birth year Gillettes in my den to go with it.

I don't like to brag, but I also have your birth year razor in my den. I'm envious that Gillette thought enough of your birth year to produce pink razors. Since it's sort of a girly plastic razor, as one would expect, my big old manly stainless steel Mongoose loaded with an ultra sharp Feather Super Professional blade dropped by to say hello. :happy102:

SOTD_031816.jpg

3. wristwatchb

I may have to get me some of that there Palmolive. It would be nice to experience some kinder, gentler shaves. :)
    1.jpg
    I'm glad you're riding along with us again this month, James. :happy088:

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful razor Charlie. Sounds like a great plan for November.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I am interested in seeing your thoughts on the razors.

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

For November I will continue trying to reduce the soap inventory. For razors there will be no plan at all other than using what I like. I have three beehive brushes that I will use throughout November.

7. wristwatchb

Thanks Clint!

8. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I have decided to “Just say NO” for November for the reasons @Norcalnewb mentioned above. I also take personal pride in the fact that the cookies have been swapped out for donuts. I know this is a total bait and switch, three card Monte, misdirection type of propaganda move, but the revolution has, in fact, forced the cartel to make a move nonetheless. Viva la revolucion!

Drygulch, Douglas Carey, RyX and 11 others like this.
  9. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Going for No Variance here.

I'm going to suck it up and use up the DE blades languishing around here that I don't like. And I am not going to cheat.

First up: the Van der Hagen blades.
    Second: Merkur Stainless blades.
    Third: We'll see. Likely it's gonna be the Personnas sold by Family Dollar, which, actually, are really decent compared to the VdH and Merkur.

Thankfully, I have a Slim Adjustable which makes using sub-par blades much less of a chore...

Drygulch, Douglas Carey, RyX and 13 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

Let the minions be happy with donuts. Cartel insiders have proactively transitioned to Nacho Cheese Doritos and are considering Skittles for 2019.

Drygulch, Douglas Carey, RyX and 9 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

It's No Repeat November for me - with a twist. First of all, I only have 15 brushes. I can't believe I just typed I "only have" 15 brushes. Sheesh! What happened to the minimalist that was nearly perfected a couple of years ago? Well, spilled milk and all that. So I'll just rotate through my brushes twice. As for the razors and soaps and blades? Here's a preview.

no repeat.jpg
    The second twist? On days I use a DE, which will be the majority of them, I won't pick my setup - I'll randomize it based on whatever gear is still unused for the month. Should provide an interesting combination or two. Oh, and for the sharp eyed among you....that funny looking razor near the MWF? Yeah, it's my pen. Nothing like seeing something after it's too late.

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

You did encrypt that, right? We don't need the proletariat to know our true plans.

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Nov 1 Shave

To start the month it is my Feon 172, my first JWest razor.

Irritation A+ Closeness A Smoothness A+ Sharpness A+

Razor: Feon 172
    Strop: T Miller
    Brush: Etsy silver tip
    Pre: Proraso
    Soap: AoS
    AS: Fine AS, L’Occitane ASB
    Scent: YSL Kourous

IMG_5732 (1).jpg

Drygulch, Douglas Carey, RyX and 13 others like this.
  14. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

-1. Skittles Pox is next-to-impossible to recover from.

15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Skin stretching is the most important thing to do when using injector razors. Good luck.

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Write encoded message on 5x7 card, in cursive.

Photograph.

Share/post.

Bypass algorithms.............

Rookie mistake.

We'll forgive.

17. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

The fact that plastic Gillettes are by birth year razors provides some encouragement... I was actually kind of gutted to find that no safety razors were made in my birth year... At least I can get my hands on a birth year razor now!

I have no issue with the razor being pink. It is 2018, and...

[​IMG]

Don't make me send my OCMM after your Mongoose!

18. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

I've been taking a lot of care with the angle of the injector head... Whilst the handle seems to make it somewhat intuitive, a little care allows me to get the blade pretty flush to my face and results in a smoother cutting action! This and the pressure (due to the lightness of the handle have been my focus of late). The next area of real focused attention with this razor is going to be skin stretching in combination with 'wiping off the lather'. I'll see where that gets me this month!

I did use a Personna PTFE for its 6th shave last night and binned it afterwards. It was definitely done! I'm confident that in time I'll get nearer to 10 shaves per blade!

19. brit

brit in a box

that must be a z-4...?

20. brit

brit in a box

loved my e3 but stuck with de.. nice razor...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.