November 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 31, 2018.

?

So what is your "NO" plan for this NOVember?

1. No Variation. Gonna RULE like a BOSS!!

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. No Repeat. Gonna run through gear like it's my last month to ever shave!

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. No Plan. Gonna wing it big time. Just do what seems right!

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  4. No shaves for me. Gonna be heretical and follow the rest of the world.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No clue. Seriously. I don't know, and won't know until it happens.

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. I'm just excited to have Donuts!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  7. I'm just going to say NO to anything you ask. NO! NO, I say!

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave and photo, Jason.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Very nice, Jason!

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Great shot, Jason!

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Joseph, I always bloom my soaps ;)

Norcalnewb, RyX, Screwtape and 8 others like this.
  5. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks
    I wondered when someone would ask that...:rolleyes:...
    Well, yes, but I don't shave with my glasses on, like any other razor, it's all kinda blurry. I am getting much better with the r41. I also "blind" shave the back of my head. All just like any other razor. Easy and nice!
    Thanks for asking ;)
    tp

Norcalnewb, Keithmax, RyX and 11 others like this.
  6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

You stopped mid shave to redo the edge of your blade? You, sir, have arrived.
    Great looking combo, Jim. I had the CC North in a splash and didn’t really care for it. I do like their Bay Rum, though.
    Awesome looking Revere, Perry!
    Excellent photo effect, Jim! I feel the same way about my EJ as well. Never use it, but then enjoy it when I do.
    Sounds like a much better blade than yesterday, Randy. Maybe it was the steel?

Norcalnewb, Keithmax, RyX and 9 others like this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Perry, thanks for the kind words! I have a wonderful group of family and friends, including you and my other 30DC brothers, encouraging me and keeping me honest with myself.

How's it going with your journey? I know you had made some breakfast changes awhile also. I also know you get plenty of exercise working so hard with your students in the classroom and on the field.

Norcalnewb, Keithmax, RyX and 9 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great lineup and photo Paul. You are a master to stop mid shave and redo an edge.

Excellent shave and photo Jim

Great photo and shave Perry. The Revere is just a cool looking razor.

Great shave and photo Jim.

Excellent Randy. Bravo.

Love the warm photo Jason.

Norcalnewb, Keithmax, RyX and 6 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I can't really tell a difference in the quality of the shave. I now bowl lather the creams and face lather the soaps. I do enjoy face lathering the most as I get to feel the difference between brushes.

Norcalnewb, Keithmax, RyX and 10 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I just noticed that my Regimentsoaps Reveille was taken off their "menu". The others still exist. Well, if one was to go, I'd have guessed Reveille would be it. Not much fragrance here(I mean there are SOME fragrances, but there's too much of a mix). I'm going to grandfather it a bit, because it's a fine soap(The Bentonite Clay being a star attraction). But I'll flip it before long, so as to make room for other soaps. I do want to get another Regiment though. Maybe in the summer.

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

November 29, 2018
    Supply V2 with No 2 Plate
    Schick Proline
    Thäter Boar
    Proraso Cypress & Vetyver
    Shave Cream and Balm

[​IMG]

An excellent shave to start the day. The big boar brush whipped up a bowl full or rich lather. Three passes and touch ups ended with just missing the baby. The one spot on my lower right neck proved to be my nemesis once again. I can safely say that the Supply SE is one razor that rewards familiarity. With the Proline blade and #2 plate I am finding the razor as efficient as a New SC or LC. Although the Supply is much more picky about the angle. I will finish up the work week with the #2 plate and give the #3 plate another try this weekend. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My man! Oh, BTW, don't tell Fuzzy. :rolleyes005: :)

13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

November 29

Muhle R41 (2013) head & SS Big Bomber handle
    Feather (2)
    JR #160 Louisville Slugger handle with Omega 10098 boar knot
    Soap Commander Love
    Alum, Thayers Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Floid Vigoroso

I made a couple of changes in today's lineup. I swapped out my LE handle with the Tuxedo knot for my JR #160 Omega boar. I found the yogurt consistency SC lather everyone's been talkin' about. It's still not quite up there with tallow lather, but it's very good! Admittedly, I haven't mastered the use of synthetic brushes. I also finished with Floid Vigoroso for a nice powdery menthol hit and a double shot of Aramis. I think all these old man scents go together, and my Bride hasn't fainted yet.

The two-pass shaves with Hoss Cartwright loaded with a Feather blade have been very good. With focus and more attention to progressive beard reduction, I can achieve a great shave with no weepers. I do have this little skin flap under my nose that the Feather is slowly removing. I'm sure I'll eventually be the better for it. I got greedy with touch-ups this morning and opened it up again - 100% operator error.

Today's morning shave followed a shave yesterday afternoon. I don't usually shave more than once a day, but I can get away with it every so often.

Have a fantastic Thursday, gentlemen!

Norcalnewb, Keithmax, RyX and 10 others like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Are boars better than badgers? (I don;'t know why, but I read comments that list both as "average").

RyX, 9nein9, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

I've shaved twice in a day before. The second shave always brings me to say "Hey, there's NUTTIN' there!!"

Keithmax, RyX, Paul76 and 4 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

That's the second post today that Fuzzy isn't supposed to see!(Mine preceeded yours).

RyX, Paul76, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave report Charlie.

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, jluc and 4 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I don't know if one is better than the other. They are just different and feel different when I use them. Both badgers and boars have a place in my den. However, I do prefer badgers.

19. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Beautiful shot, Clint! I'm glad you are liking the Proline (you know where to get more ;))!
    Great shave Charlie! I'm sure that skin flap isn't needed anyway!

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, jluc and 2 others like this.
  20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks, Jason!

I am trying to eat better at breakfast. I've been eating Wheat Chex or oatmeal (plain with no sugars). I also snack very lightly on almonds or cashews if I feel hungry. Trying to eat less at lunch as well. My wife is an amazing cook. She is on Weight Watchers and is making wonderful dinners that fit her program. Last night we had a vegetable beef soup with cabbage and fire-roasted tomatoes - incredible! - and was basically 0 points on the WW scale.

I haven't weighed myself in probably a month. I'm 5' 10" and was 175 pounds the last time I weighed. I've hovered around this weight the last 10-12 years, which is good, but I'd love to be at 170 or so.

I do get a fair amount of exercise in my job. That really shows in the summer when I'm not in a routine and going to work! I tend to gain some weight in the summers and then I work it out in the heat of band camp.

Thanks, Clint!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.