November 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 31, 2018.

?

So what is your "NO" plan for this NOVember?

1. No Variation. Gonna RULE like a BOSS!!

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. No Repeat. Gonna run through gear like it's my last month to ever shave!

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. No Plan. Gonna wing it big time. Just do what seems right!

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  4. No shaves for me. Gonna be heretical and follow the rest of the world.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No clue. Seriously. I don't know, and won't know until it happens.

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. I'm just excited to have Donuts!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  7. I'm just going to say NO to anything you ask. NO! NO, I say!

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Speaking as a Canadian, I can't think of anything more appropriate than using a Canadian military razor on Remembrance Day, which is a national holiday in Canada (and the UK I believe) instituted on what was the Armistice Day that ended WW1 a century ago (the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918). It's Veteran's Day rather than Remembrance Day in the US because you had already instituted your own national memorial day on the anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg...

brit, Drygulch, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  2. Pete123

Pete123 Well-Known Member

No plan for me, though this morning I broke out:

Rockwell 6C, #4 plate
    Gillette 7 o'clock SS
    TOBS, Almond
    The scritchiest synthetic badger I've ever come across.

3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I see what you did there.

4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I saw this pic last night and thought 'Great idea! I'm going to take a pic of all my hardware and software I'll use in a No repeat NOvember'...and then I got mildly ashamed at the volume I've accumulated and thought better of it.
    Astra SPs are good blades, regardless of price. Great photo again, Jim.
    Yikes, sounds like a disaster was averted. What a stunning 'Crat, Jim!
    THAT is awesome! His shoes match your injector handle as well, Perry.
    Those are really cool instructions, Charlie! Also reminds us that Gillette was already moving well away from 'traditional' software decades before they dedicated their entire hardware line to cartridges or disposables.
    Love that wooden beehive, Clint! Beehives are very tough to turn in wood and have them look professional. Very nice.
    Didn't know you were a Palmolive fan as well, John. You, sir, have arrived.:happy088:
    Cool focus, Joseph. Are colognes exempt from your focus? I see you didn't show a pic of the Bay Rum cologne in your 'all products' photo, but then used it in today's shave.

5. jtspartan

As a fellow Canuck, I agree completely with John. November 11th is as important a day in Canada as I can think of. From a Canadian perspective, using a Canadian military issued razor on Remembrance Day would be very symbolic. There is also the fact that both nations were involved in the two World Wars (and Korea, fwiw) together, united as allies.

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Jason.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Note instruction #2 - Shave in a diagonal motion for best results. That, my friends, is the Gillette Slide. Interesting that we normally consider that an "advanced" technique. If you watch some of the old commercials you'll see them using that stroke as well. It's something I normally don't do until either the final pass or touch up time. Might have to start using that from pass one to see if it improves the shave or reduces the passes necessary. I smell an experiment on the horizon.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

;)

Thank you, Jason!

9. jtspartan

Thank you, Gentlemen.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason. Elite turned the handles for Doug, Mark and I. The knots are Envy White 2 bands that I installed and shipped the brushes out to Mark and Doug. We bought the brushes to commemorate our friendship on the forum.

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Going with the, "no plan" November. I'll just wing it for this month.

12. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Superb razor and soap choice. Real man stuff right there! ;)

Palmolive love is for a bloomin' (no I don't bloom soaps) good reason :)

Palmolive FTW! :bounce017:

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you! Your Palmolive use inspired me to get it out. I may use it a good bit this month.

14. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Please, your attention for the following important announcement from Cartel HQ.

Big Brother Ingsoc.jpg
    The administrative and accounting staff here at HQ has finished compiling the statistics for our glorious group for the month of October. Thanks to your dedication and commitment to your Czar and to the benefit of all, you have posted a record number of messages for October. You are all to be congratulated and we have increased your after shave ration to a splash and a half per day. This is not to be confused with the announcement that the after shave ration was being cut in half. While that is true, this announcement proves that, even though we're only allowing you half as much, you can use it more and therefore increase the amount while using less. The new Donut allocation, for those who are wondering, will remain the same. They're new. Enjoy.

In addition to rocking out October we are also ahead of last year's pace. In fact, it is entirely possible that during the month of NOVember we will exceed the number of posts from 2017. Again, this is all thanks to your diligence, participation, and belief in a better shaving world for all! The Cartel wishes to reward that individual who pushes us over last year's total. So here's the deal.

Whoever posts the message that officially puts us over last year will receive, with our gratitude and thanks, a $25 gift card from Stirling Soap. As I said, we could have that winner this month. It might also be in December, depending on how busy we are here. But whoever posts that magical winning message will be the recipient of the gift card.

Seriously - thank you to everyone who is a regular here, to those who pop in and out and to all who keep this group fun, entertaining, educational, and growing. Good luck on winning the prize!

15. RyX

RyX DoH!

To quote Neal's CT - "AAACK!" Seven pages in and the day's barely half over. Good work 30DC!

If anyone desires a digital & printable copy of their vintage razor instructions check out Jim's @jimjo1031 thread HERE.

Hate it when that IRL gets in the way of a good shave. Glad you made it back in Nirav!

Being clean shaven is a tribute unto itself. Using a product made by or in the country of The Other Guys doesn't incur any negative karma in my mind.

Pete - you didn't name the brush. Who made the knot?

Drygulch, FaceScraper, jluc and 7 others like this.
  16. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I like to keep the coon pelts as trophies.

17. Norcalnewb

Nice set up, John! Aristocrats are just great razors. I hope I didnt upset things too much. ;)

18. Norcalnewb

Beautiful picture, Jason!

Drygulch, jluc, jtspartan and 3 others like this.
  19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Haven't been about for a while but I'm in. See I missed OC month which given I've used the Fatip OC for every shave bar two since I last posted I count as done.:)
    By chance one of those was this morning with l'il fatty as he's known so I'll stick with that, Feather and Pro Raso Green things and the ever present Rocky Mountain brush. Hope you've all been rocking life whilst I've been away :)

20. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Andrew!

Drygulch, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.