November 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 30, 2019.

?

We want to KNOW your NO in NOvember!!

1. I'm gonna go No Variation and RULE it!

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. I'm gonna go No Repeat and use it all!

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. I'm gonna go have cookies since they are doubled this month!!

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. I'm gonna go with my usual gear and just have fun without a theme!

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  5. I'm gonna go have ice cream since there's extra this month!!

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  6. I'm gonna go over there and watch you all like a stalker!!

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  7. I'm gonna go over there and have extra cookies AND ice cream - because I can!!!

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Not sure how anyone shaved before me given it is still Oct 31 for everyone but me.

Nov 1 shave: Another prison shiv, this time it is a Rasurpur western grind kami.

IMG_7511.jpeg

Terry, Hembree, Linuxguile and 16 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

And so it begins...

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Mostly unfocused this month. I am going to alternate using Blood on Steel V1 in an attempt to finish it by the end of the year.

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 13 others like this.
  4. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Your profile says Arizona. You have a time machine or something?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  5. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Boring! Sometimes I switch halfway through a shave, but I've only been DE shaving for a few months.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 8 others like this.
  6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I’m in! No Repeat for splashes and soaps. Brushes and razors will have many get a 2nd rotation.

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 11 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave Mark..

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I have often thought of trying to do the same thing. Mimimize and get down to the one that works best, or is just my favorite. Then I get bored, shiny stuff shows up in pictures and there you go.

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 14 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

With the holiday season fast approaching we realized that security here at Cartel HQ had gotten a bit lax. So, time to add a new guard detail to the place. I'm happy to say we interviewed only the finest and ended up with a group I feel is totally qualified to keep things safe and secure so that we can help you with any and all questions related to shaving.

blade czar guards.jpg
    Now that the official announcement is out of the way I can reveal my plans for NOVember. I will personally be doing a NO REPEAT November. Now, I don't have enough brushes to get through 30 days but I'll just start over when I run out. However, I will do a different razor, blade and soap each day of NOVember. Should be fun to pull some gear out that I don't always use and give it a day in the spotlight. Looking forward to another great month!

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm with you there Joe. I've Focused a couple of times, but a Rule is why the 30 Day thread was formed. Since I suffer from but enjoy a chronic case of Flibbertigibbetitis last months MWF focus is as close as I've come. With Adjustable August, Single Edge September, and OC October completed I'm going to coast through November. Got a number of new to me software items to try, and a couple of non-consumables that Need Attention. If I can call it a theme I'd like to refine my technique under my jawline & lower neck. See if I can get a couple of areas that seem to defy my best efforts at irritation free but acceptable reduction. At the same time I'm scouting out ways to acquire a mythical beast, The 2 Pass Shave. It's a point on the horizon to strive towards, a journey to a hidden treasure, a quest.

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 12 others like this.
  11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I believe I'll try for a No New stuff November......
    ...... well except for the New Supply injector blades being released today......
    ...... and if a New Artist Club DX folder shows up from Japan....
    ..... and one would NEED blades to try, and obviously they would be New......
    ..... and any Black Friday purchased would have to be exempted, especially Stirling.......

.......uh? Maybe I'll just shave

Terry, jtspartan, Hembree and 16 others like this.
  12. Trigger

Sounds great! Unfortunately, I need the 2.5 pass to get a BBS.

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  13. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gem ClogPruf
    Gem Stainless PTFE
    Williams Mug Soap
    Vulfix 404 Mixed knot

Today would have been my father's 80th birthday. It's been a number of years since he passed, but to remember I pulled out his Old Spice mug filled with his last puck of Williams and whipped up a nice slick lather using his Vulfix 404. The brush should be re-knotted as it has been dropping hairs for a number of years. I had to stick with my razor as he was not a fan of them from bad experiences in his youth and the blood thinners he had to take. Anyway, it was a nice slick two pass shave using the ClogPruf. Enjoy your day.

Terry, jtspartan, Hembree and 17 others like this.
  14. Trigger

That's a nice shave and a touching tribute to your dad, Dale.

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 8 others like this.
  15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave in memory of your dad, Dale!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hembree, Linuxguile, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hello Friday! Hello everyone!
    Gooooood morning!
    While preparing my solution of hot water, roasted and finely ground coffee beans my lovely wife told me it was November, 1st. Some how with all the busy, I missed that.
    Well.....you'll have that!
    Grabbed another (different) MMOC, a new blade from the package, a brush I'd recently gave a new doo, then went to work!
    2 passes head and face, I'm clean and smooth just as I expected!
    This is becoming a habbit!
    20191101_061937.jpg
    It's party time at the school my grandson goes too. I've been to each and every party he's had there. Mom can't get the time off, but he made it a point to make sure pap's gonna be there. It's a great way to eat up some vacation time.
    So I guess it's party time, grade school style.
    I'll see if I can get November chugging along tomorrow morning.
    Everyone
    Enjoy!
    tp

17. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Nicely said, Dale. I wish I had some shaving memorabilia from my father.

18. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice Rasurpur kami Keith. BoS, great aroma also!

Nice tribute shave Dale.

19. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great setup and shave Terry! Your grandson will remember your visits for ages. For quite a long time our elementary and then middle school had a program called W.A.T.C.H. Dogs (Dads of Great Students). It’s a little like a Big Brother program, but also where you spend time in your children’s classes. I Volunteered once a week when the girls were in elementary. Then once a month in middle school. Great fun times. Enjoy the time with your grandson!

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

November 1st
    Razor: ATT S1 Slant
    Blade: Astra SP (1)
    Brush: Envy Supreme White Eight Ball
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: PAA Et Tu
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Et Tu

No Repeat November

Good morning!

Different razor, different blade, different brush, different soap and different aftershave for each shave this month.

The ATT S1 paired with an Astra SP to kick things off. This was the first combo I used for my first rule with the 30DC. I did another 30 day focus with it later on. I did the focus with it because I struggled getting a close shave with it. I learned a lot during that focus. Mainly improved skin stretching and maintaining the proper angle throughout each stroke. That focus is what put me in the mindset that efficiency is in the hand of the shaver, not the head of the razor.

Excellent shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Silent alum.

I'm growing a mustache for the month. I didn't do a good job not shaving it. As of now it's missing at the corners of my mouth. I'm not used to not shaving it. I'll have to remember to stay a little further away from it tomorrow.

Have a great day! [​IMG]

Terry, jtspartan, Hembree and 16 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.