November 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus and Discussion All Are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Oct 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

80444E74-1C3E-40B5-B493-FC419A5FA6D2.jpeg

SRS # 586

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Wade & Butcher 5/8 French Point
    Brush: JTSpartan Boar
    Lather: Razorock XXX
    Aftershave: Stirling Piacenza
    Additional Care:
    Nivea Cool Balm
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original
    Stirling Piacenza EdT

Wonderful first day of the mini focus for the month of November. Introducing new to the den: the JTSpartan boar. Thank you to Jason, @jtspartan, for his generosity in providing me with a beautifully made smooth beehive designed brush. I will have many a great lather from this brush.

Another three pass shave which has left my face smooth and comfortable. The alum report was silent. Tomorrow will be day 2 of this shave with the soap, razor and brush. Looking forward to it.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Phenomenal shave Barry

Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Glad it made it and sorry it took so long, Joe. I forgot to mention to you that the wood is Redheart.

Primotenore, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  4. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Thank you for the kind words. I never noticed a blade alignment issue with the 34C. As with my other razors I turn the topcap upside down and slide the blade on. Blade grooves go over the posts and everything seems to align without much fiddling. Even works on the notorious FOCS.

One of my favorite features of the 34C is that it is a two piece. Fixing a baseplate on the handle makes things more efficient.

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pic Barry..:cool:

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i love a 2 piece razor as well.the brit new rfb is a favorite..:):eatdrink047:
    1933 NEW No77 Set England.jpeg
    the 34c handle comes apart for cleaning,which is an advantage..

JACarbone, ewk and Trigger like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

tabac tech tuesday
    brit fb tech/french thin handle
    platinum
    Mr.EE custom omega 10098
    tabac

20211102_103845_edited1.jpg

good day gents
    2nd go around with the brit fb tech/platinum though now sporting the french tech solid thin handle.
    smooth 2 passer in the usual manner,similar weight as yesterday but a little shorter.
    very nimble and is fun to throw around.
    lovely tabac tallow lather built with Evan's custom made handle/omega boar
    tabac a/s and cologne to finish
    awesome

the hardware

20211102_103845_edited.jpg

have a great tuesday everyone
    :eatdrink047:

JACarbone, ewk, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe.:cool:

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  9. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Gary.:cool:

10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I like the setup. Super shave Joe. Jason @jtspartan does make very unique brushes.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  11. Trigger

Terrific Tabac shave with cool gear, Gary. I have to bring out my Tabac stick. I ma may do it for tomorrow's shave.

brit and JACarbone like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That certainly has been the case for me with Stoylin Gentleman. And I love Sandpiper. It's no wonder a reviewer of Gentleman wrote that there's more of a tobacco scent in Gentleman than in ANY product, presumably including Tabac itself.(His view).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    brit, Trigger and JACarbone like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jason. What size knot is it?

brit and Trigger like this.
  14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. That he does.

15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thanks Gary. I think you meant to say Joe

16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

24mm.

17. Avalon

Avalon Active Member

Don't feel bad Joe, Avalon didn't get added to any baby name book untill a good while after I was born, it's not exactly common :) I'm very much looking forward to trying out samples, and I'm glad to know that I'm not just imagining things lol

Thank you for an answer :) I am looking towards eventually getting a good brush and trying out different soaps, I'm just trying to clear out the existing stash of barbasol lol (luckily my partner is also working through the barbasol, so that'll help lol). I have been wondering about the decided lack of slick to it though and have been considering trying out an oil layer and seeing if that helps :) I think I'll wait till I'm done with my blade comparisons though before adding more variables to the mix.
    And yeah, the pretty colours dazzled me into buying something other than any of the suggested beginner razors lol

Hello Joe, nice to meet you :)

Thank you!

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Love mountain biking the Allegrippis Trails at Raystown. I just wish it was a little closer so I could make it out there more than once a year.

https://www.raystown.org/things-to-do/allegrippis-trails-at-raystown-lake

19. Trigger

Well, I figured how to get the right setting on the phone camera so that the pic is in the proper position. I had to figure it out by trial and error. These new phones give very little instruction on how to work this phone. I had to go to YouTube tutorials to assist me.. Unfortunately, there were no vids on how to use the phone camera. Anyway,, I decided to download tomorrow's shave setup and see if there would be any problems doing it. As you can see, there was no problem. Looking forward to the morning shave.

20211102_201906~2.jpg

brit, JACarbone and IAmTheJody like this.
  20. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Other options for a layer of slick preshave are glycerine soap like Pears, Noxzema (I use Equate generic brand), or even a thin coat of Cremo original (a little goes a long way; might just be the slickest option).

Inexpensive brushes have kept me satisfied so far. As long as they don't shed, for me they get the job done.

brit, JACarbone, Avalon and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.