Obligatory Aeropress thread

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by PalmettoB, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

So,

Do you guys still like your aero-presses? I am thinking about ordering one of these....Are they as good as I have read? How's the quality?

Does it come with alot of filters?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions.

Neale

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Neale:
    You absolutely, positively have to get AT LEAST 1 Aeropress.
    The coffee is fantastic and the machine allows you to really "customize" your cuppa joe.
    Original packaging comes with "a years supply" of filters but they are so cheap you really should order extras.
    I cant say enough about the Aeropress.
    For $30 USD it cannot be beaten.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Neale: get one. Now. You'll not regret it, my friend. The filters can even be rinsed out and used again, though they are like razor blades...so cheap you don't need to.

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Guys!! :D ,

Where is the best place to get one?

Neale

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Looks like Amazon is a good place to get one, cheap extra filters too :D

Thanks!!

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Believe it or not, I got mine at Amazon.com, but you can get them at Sweet Maria's or a lot of coffee places online, maybe even locally where you live.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks, I'm looking now, amazon charges $8+ shipping...seems a little high to me.

8. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Looks like I am stuck with my stove top for a while.......unfortunately these do not appear to be available in the UK:(

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

We can probably work something out for you. :D

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

You must be getting quite a workout. My grind is more cone drip. the other variables are close to yours.

11. Smedley

Smedley New Member

1. Boil water
    2. Two scoops (Aeropress scoop) of coarse drip grind
    3. Dump coffee into Aeropress, add water to "2" (top of mark, usually)
    4. Stir together while counting "onethousandone, onethousandtwo..." up to "onethousandten"
    5. Add plunger and press
    6. Add hot water to coffee in mug to fill mug

I got some espresso grind when I didn't want it, and I could not get the plunger to work with it, so I actually went and bought paper filters to revive my Melitta one cup plastic drip thingie. Makes OK coffee, but not like the Aeropress. :D

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

13. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

14. madmedic

Thanks for that Blair. It's a lot more expensive than the prices found on eBay....but add on a minimum of $20 postage.....include VAT and Post office handling charge.....and I think I am just going to have to "bite the bullet"

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

16. madmedic

Done and dusted:D

17. Padron

Padron Active Member

18. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Hmmm...do you pay VAT on domestic purchases? Or did you mean eBay+postage+VAT=more than the UK sites?

£24.95 is about as low as I have seen. I did a Google search for UK sites, and that has been the standard price on most of them.

Edit: Hehehe....I'm an "enabler" with the "Google Fu," as my sister calls it. Y'all won't be sorry. You'll be glad you got one, no matter where you scored it from!

19. madmedic

Purchases from the US over approx $36 are taxed. so 17.5% o he cost (including postage) plus an admin charge are added on. Am looking forward to receiving it:D

20. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi,

What coffee grinders are you using? I will be needing to get one I guess.

THanks,
    Neale