October 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 30, 2018.

?

Which open comb razors are you planning to use?

1. Old school Gillette Old Style. Because I'm tough like that

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. A modern replica of the Old Style. Because I'm almost tough like that

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Fatip. Because I'm even tougher than you know

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. MMOC. Because I'm even tougher than those DE boys who think they're tough

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  5. A vintage Aristocrat or something similar. Because I'm tough like that.....and classy too!s

10 vote(s)
    26.3%
  6. Who needs to act tough with OC razors. I'll stay with straights, thank you very much.

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. Pain sticks because combs of any kind are for sissies.

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Can I please just have some cookies and you can stop asking questions?!

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. I'm sick of cookies. Can we have donuts for a month?

16 vote(s)
    42.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

OCtober 21st
    Canadian Old Type w ‘The Spoiler’ (1)
    SV Felce Aromatica SS
    Omega ‘49/Walnut
    Thayers
    Stirling Menthol Balm
    3DF92CEC-431C-468B-88FB-55C6CA66F799.jpeg
    A relaxing weekend shave this morning. Inspired by @clint64 to have a quality soap become a Sunday standard. On OC focus with the Old Type, which has given me great shaves this week. Great scented lather, and I got in 3 full passes. Chased it a bit, and caught it a bit. Went with the unscented balm in the hopes of catching a few more whiffs of the Felce this morning. There has been some Omega 49 talk on here lately, and this is mine- tips are nicely broken in and split, but not quite as much splay as Keith’s. Great knot.
    I have to leave for the airport later this afternoon and will be in Vancouver for the next few days. I’ve packed a NEW LC to keep the focus going.
    Have a great afternoon all!

2. jtspartan

Awesome story, Perry! Very cool heirloom...what other shaving items came from your great uncle?
    Very nice photo, Keith. That is a really cool wooden chest behind the gear as well.
    Wow is that MonoBilt ever minty, Jim! Mine is replated and still might not look that perfect.
    :drool:.... I honestly cannot think of a more stunning looking razor than those early OC Aristocrats. Just an awesome shaver, Jim. (2nd place may very well be the MonoBilt that Jim posted earlier)

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic photo Jim. The razor looks gorgeous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wow. The razor is stunning.

5. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Terrific picture, Jason! Safe travels.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful lineup and photo Jason.

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, fellas! The razor is on loan from Andrew @Linuxguile . It is pretty.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 21, 2018
    Gem Damaskeene OC
    Gem PTFE
    Paladin
    MdC
    Fine Lavender Aftershave

[​IMG]

A wonderful shave to start the day. The brush is a joy face lathering with the MdC scent filling the room. Three passes and touch ups ended in a perfect shave. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

9. jtspartan

Love the black accents on that handle, Clint. Very nice.

10. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Razor: OCMM/ Schick G
    Blade: GEM PTFE (5th use/Personna PTFE 5th use)
    Brush: Ever Ready w/ 24mm Tuxedo knot
    Soap: Palmolive
    Post Shave: Nivea Sensitive

Hybrid shave! Swapped razors between my first and second pass. The GEM blade needed switching out, so I just grabbed the Schick and finished up (rather than faff about unwrapping and loading a new GEM). Finished with a good close shave, didn't do any touch up, didn't chase the closeness I know that I can get. Just a nice, easy shave.

Enjoy your shaves gents!

11. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Stunning picture, Clint.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

15. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I hadn’t shaved since Thursday morning so I got out a large reliable blade. It took a couple of passes, but I got it all knocked down. It did pull a little, so I think it’s time for a touch up.

MItchell’s Wool Fat Soap
    Elk Antler Badger Brush
    Bismarck #2
    Lucky Tiger
    Ogallala Bay Rum After Shave
    Have a blessed Sunday!
    [​IMG]

16. brit

brit in a box

hello folks,sunny ,warm sunday shave..tried the merkur 1904/6 handle on the brit new rfb.works nice but not keen on the chrome,nice weight and balance..nacet blade ,1st use,simpson special best badger brush proraso white preshave,.lathered the t and f lime cream, slick stuff..love the scent..fabulous 3 pass dfs ,no drama,touch of thayers lemon and tobs# 74 to finish..love this rfb razor. so much i have another french set on the way..this one has a decent handle and case, this present one i have had a stripped handle and junk case..i may have my new lc and sc nickel or rhodium plated in the future also..i have used OC razors all month so far,may try the single ring or canadian old type for the last shave of the month..i guess then i should be a focus member,not sure about the focus rule though, i enjoy the variety..thank you all,have a great day, gary 20181021_095403.jpg

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Very nice, gentlemen!

18. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Lot of fabulous photos and great reports today, gentlemen! Too many to fill up the thread with individual comments or to shavette fu you guys here. Just take it as truth that I have read everybody's posts today and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

James @jtface, really great to see you enjoying the SE and injector razors so much. If you haven't nipped across the street to Fuzzy @wchnu's domain, you may want to -- a lot of great info about those razors there. The website is theoriginalsafety2.com. Do check it out.

Gary @brit, I expect your NEW LC and SC would look and shave wonderful with a new nickel or rhodium coating.

Paul76, jtface, Drygulch and 11 others like this.
  19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Jim!

20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Perry!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.