October 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Sep 30, 2021.

?

What is your most challenging part of shaving?

1. Making a great lather

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Choosing the right blade and razor for my beard growth

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Try to pick the right aftershave

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. I do not have any challenges

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Other (technique or issue)

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  6. Not picking the Veg

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  7. Waking Up

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  8. Listening to Brian Adams' "Cuts like a Knife"

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  9. It just feels so right

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. Long Polls

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hey Bruce. It's great to hear from you! All is well here in our neck 'o the woods. I hope you're doing well also.

Thanks for the report on the N.O. I'm just pulling your chain. I already see a wet rat in the mirror when I'm shaving, so I don't need another one on my soap container. Oops, I did it again. ;)

jtspartan, JACarbone, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful classic OC shave James

jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I like the Arkadia scent. Wonderful TDH dupe.

jgreenepa, wristwatchb and Trigger like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

2nd October 2021.

17.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & Head.
    FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
    Lather: Derby Normal Shaving Cream.
    Blade Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue.(D1)
    Razor: Snmirn Adjustable.
    Face: 4-wtg,8-atg,-6,-pick ups.
    Head: 4-wtg,-6,xtg,-8-atg,6,-pick ups.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Calvin Klein Eternity for Men ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...I've carried on for another week with the Snmirn Adjustable to get more accustomed to it...I can't recall the last time i added the Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue to my blade rotation which paired together wonderfully with the Snmirn making a wonderfully smooth efficient duo.

Taking the razor to it's (max) no: 8 setting for the atg+pick up passes there is a noticeable difference but still felt comfortable with no feeling of blade chatter...The 4-8 settings work well for me feeling comfortable and efficient enough. The lower settings 1-3 on the razor should work for a every day shaving or anyone with a lighter stubble.

A enjoyable close comfortable near BBS face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face and precious swede are both feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

jtspartan, JACarbone, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  5. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

You don't really need four soaps. Just Arko will suffice! ;)

JACarbone, Trigger and wristwatchb like this.
  6. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Thanks, Jeff.
    It's a ludicrously good razor, and I don't quite feel like it gets the exposure that it deserves... Probably because it's not the best looker and has the propensity to bite if not wielded with care and precision.
    I hope that you are well!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    JACarbone, Trigger and jgreenepa like this.
  7. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Great shave and write up!
    There is no other setting on an adjustable than MAX. :D

JACarbone, Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  8. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thank you, James, I am. I agree wholeheartedly! In fact, you’ve inspired me to take my MMOC for a spin!

JACarbone, Trigger and jtface like this.
  9. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

You won't regret it! :D

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Fabulous shave, Barry! I enjoy shaving my adjustables wide open. But then again, I admit to really liking blade feel. Enjoy your Saturday, my friend, and have a blessed day!

11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Wonderful shave, setup and post, Barry! Enjoy your afternoon!

12. Trigger

Variety is the spice of life. Hoevever, shaving with a bar of soap can get the job done aa well. That's how my father, my uncles and grandfather did it. Now, that's really old school.shaving.

13. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

I understand your perspective. Arko is the best performing soap in my experience. I'm only after the best! Reducing my tools and honing my craft!

14. palmolive fox

Thank you Joe...Have a relaxing day.:cool:

15. palmolive fox

Thank you Jeff..I'm starting to enjoy my adjustables at their max too...Take care and have a wonderful day.:cool:

16. jgreenepa

11A05B9A-3AD0-45D3-99A7-55B5831766F9.png
    SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 2, 2021

Today’s mug shave featured Victor Creazzi’s “Bone Mosaic” 7/8. This beautiful pattern-welded Damascus razor always delivers the goods. The 1095 steel forge-welded edge sheared away my mug stubble in three very comfortable passes. The razor is a masterpiece of the razorsmithing arts, and one of the jewels of my modern artisan straight razor collection. Interestingly my other three all were made in the former Soviet Union. This US made model is well-balanced in hand and always a joy to shave with. My mug is as smooth as glass.

Since it is OC October, and after being inspired by a returning member of the 30DC crew who hails from the UK, and who’s using this month for a Gem MMOC focus, I decided to pull mine out for my noggin shave. This razor was one of the very early TTO safety razors, and for whatever reason, received a host of complaints after launch about lather/hair clogs. These complaints, of course, led to the redesigned Micromatic Clog Pruf model equipped with large lather channels in the base plate and a safety bar. I’ve never experienced this issue personally, and today’s two pass ATG dome shave checked all the boxes. I’m cool, clean, and velveteen from the shoulders up!

RAZOR: Victor Creazzi’s “Bone Mosaic” 7/8 (Mug), Gem MMOC (Dome)
    BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Monster Tuxedo Synth
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish Version)

jtspartan, JACarbone, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  17. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Wonderful shave(s)! That straight is a beautiful razor!

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  18. Trigger

Recently, I have been using Arko for headshaves and I must admit I get the best results. I like the clean Arko smell, but I like the aromatherapy from my other soaps.

19. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Thanks Joe! All is well here. And, congrats (or condolences) on running the asylum. :) I hope everything is good for you.

20. Trigger

Awesome shaves, lineup, pic and post! I love how you add historical info on your vintage razors. I learned a lot from you. Problem is that I do not retain it. Lol! Have a beautiful Philly day! Take care, Jeff!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    JACarbone, jgreenepa and jtface like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.