October 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Will you be focusing on an Open Comb razor?

1. Absolutely, I have them all shined up and ready for shaving.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I will mix it up, closed and open comb razors.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I haven't used a comb for many years.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a straight razor shaver, you open comb shavers don't know what you're missing.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I use an open comb razor, will I finally get some cookies?

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Congrats! I hope you enjoy your MonoBilt as much as I do, Blair. Btw, I would also recommend a Floating Head...:scared003:

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Blair.

clint64, jgreenepa, jluc and 3 others like this.
  3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Gotta use another favorite:
    5F8AFAF1-5E9A-49D4-83B4-16745A31F36F.gif

4. jtspartan

Short Answer? Yes, I love the LC. It just feels so effortless and natural for me. The SC gets very similar results, though.
    Long Answer? For those who don’t like lists, here’s my 5 NEWs by preference:
    1. NEW LC (Canadian model, don’t know if that matters) - On Mt. Rushmore of vintage razors for me.
    2. Goodwill#175- same LC baseplate with a different cap and heavier ball end handle. Similar shave to LC as well. Somewhat redundant after owning an LC.
    3. NEW Deluxe (Canadian)- More Aggressive than the LC or SC...a different type of shaver, not as smooth,but still top tier. Love the handle as well.
    4. NEW SC- Would be higher if I didn’t have the LC to compare to.
    5. New Improved Bostonian- The coolest looking, the least favourite for pure shaving enjoyment. Later NEWs were improvements on this one, imho.

All are staying in the den, along with a ball end OT (Canadian) and Aristocrat Jr.(Canadian Rocket). All other Gillettes could be pried from me. I have put aside a Tech and a Red Tip for my son when he is ready.

5. jtspartan

I echo this sentiment, Charlie, and have expressed it a few times over the years myself. My math isn’t great, but if you have a tub that costs 2x than another, but you get 2x the shaves from it, isn’t it the same cost? Many triple milled soaps are actually much better deals per shave, even though some are expensive up front. Some of my SV pucks will last for years and years.

clint64, jgreenepa, jluc and 7 others like this.
  6. jtspartan

Good luck with your search, Blair. My LC came from a find in the wild, but all my other NEWs came from TSD trades or purchases.

7. jtspartan

An interesting sounding soap, Joe. We tend to see a lot more cream tubes from Eastern Europe. Great haul.

jgreenepa, jluc, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  8. jtspartan

Have fun glamping, Evan! Your razor looks amazing. What do you think of the MM? I’m a fan, SWMBO is not.

b1hart, clint64, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  9. jtspartan

I feel the same about Voskhods, Jim. Just ok. We’re in the minority, but that’s ok too.

10. jtspartan

Thank you, Gentlemen.

clint64, jgreenepa, jluc and 5 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

awesome monobilt Blair ,nice score..welcome to the club..:) https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/cooper-razor-owners-club-crc.58454/

JACarbone, clint64, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

thank you Charlie..:)

JACarbone, clint64, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Blair..:)

JACarbone, jgreenepa, jluc and 3 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

thanks Danny..:)

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  15. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Hey....I already have enough homework. A Barbasol Floating Head, hmm??? One reviewer over on that B & B talkabout compared it to a Blackland Dart (which I have and like). You saw that * way too quick Jason!:bounce015:

Thanks for the Cooper Razor club link Gary! More homework I had forgotten about. :cool:

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I don't really know how to accurately describe tonight's shave . Inserted a brand new Treet CS blade to start. Tuggy feeling so I swapped it for an identical new one . Same thing so I swapped again. Same thing so I swapped for a new Gem SS blade . Still tugging. By this time there was blood letting across chin area and under jawline down to neck. Blade was inserted correctly each time and I didn't stray from my normal pattern of shaving. The MM has never done me wrong before and has always given me nice close one pass shaves with a cleanup on occasion. I applied copious amounts of witch hazel in hope's to calm the burning sensation and as I write this it is still eminent. Almost feels like the first week of DE shaving when I was a newbie. Now I'm wracking my brain as to why I read reports all the time of well seasoned shavers reporting of getting terrible results. I've always considered myself lucky to have not been the guy writing about a bad shave but tonight I dived in head first and am at a loss to what went south on me. Could it be that once in a while we must endure a bad shave to remind us of how lucky we are to get those shaves that leave a smile on your face for hours after? I'll end this post ( before it turns into a novella) by stating that the shave feels very close but not a bit comfortable. Until the next one ....
    20201014_223208.jpg

b1hart, Hembree, wristwatchb and 10 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

very cool..would love to see the vintage shave gear pics..:)

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  18. jtspartan

We all have those shaves, Patrick. I doubt it will become a pattern. The MMOC needs to be respected, as you know, but you’ve used it a ton already.

Hembree, wristwatchb, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

cool set up and pic Patrick,hope the next shave is better..:) bad batch of blades?

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Gary!!

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.