October 30 Day/Rule Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Will you be focusing on an Open Comb razor?

1. Absolutely, I have them all shined up and ready for shaving.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. I will mix it up, closed and open comb razors.

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I haven't used a comb for many years.

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. I am a straight razor shaver, you open comb shavers don't know what you're missing.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. If I use an open comb razor, will I finally get some cookies?

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Being a northeasterner in the US, I agree with you Barry.

brit, jgreenepa, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  2. Trigger

You really scored on this shave Joe! Hopefully, your son scores a goal today or blocks an opponent's potential score.

brit, jgreenepa, Droo78 and 4 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Beautiful backdrop to match the gear! Definitely an Alabama awesome shave Danny!

brit, jgreenepa, Droo78 and 3 others like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Joe...it is a beautiful day in Dixie today!

brit, jgreenepa, Droo78 and 4 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is the Figaro soap 3x-milled(hard)or softer?

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Joe, are you going to be in the 70's this week, as we are? Strange.

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congrats on the great shave with excellent products, Paul.

I encourage you to try the hot towel prep if you have the time. It adds a little extra pampering to the shave. I saw a barber on YouTube add a few drops of aftershave to the hot towel before application. I bet that would be really nice.

I've been more generous with aftershave over the past few months. I didn't realize what I was missing. I now find myself enjoying a refreshing mentholated scent when I get up in the morning and later when I shave. I just pulled the trigger on two bottles of Alt-Innsbruck from West Coast Shaving. They had been out of stock for a long time, and I was sitting on a 10% off coupon just begging to be used. Following @jluc methodology, as per the standard operating procedure, ordering the second bottle got me free shipping. I plan to try some different Fine aftershaves as well (Fresh Vetiver, Santal Absolut, and maybe Italian Citrus) thanks to everyone's feedback, once they are restocked.

Have a great Sunday afternoon.

Keithmax, Primotenore, Terry and 9 others like this.
  8. wristwatchb

@RyX and I attended the Sam Sung School of Camera Phone Photography. I considered @clint64's photography class, but I couldn't handle the modeling sessions. The cheeseburgers were tempting, though.

Keithmax, Terry, brit and 6 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

You do the same, Charlie. I have yet to try FINE products. Funny story-the first I ever heard of FINE I got angry with them(not publicly), saying "You guys are stealing fragrances used by older companies and putting your name on'em!". Little did I know then that many do just that today and have been for years. My brother-in-law likes Alt-Innsbruck. I still have a 10% off coupon from The Soap Exchange-it's been on my fridge for years now(they included it when sending me my first one-the Lumberjack. One of these days it will find its way off my fridge and down to Texas(where TSE is). Hope all is well. How are the dog neighbors?

Keithmax, brit, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  10. Trigger

I think we are going to be near 70 by Wednesday. I haven't looked at the weekly forecast. Winter is not my favorite season. I start my countdown to Spring on Dec. 21.

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Fellas, sometime before too long-next year perhaps-I will do my first...is the tympani ready?.................................................STRAIGHT RAZOR SHAVE. I just watched a video of a guy using one.......he made it look easy, but I know it isn't. I see some threads here on how to do it, for newbies. For a straight, I most certainly am a newbie. For me, going from a disposeABLE to a straight is like going from Freshman H.S. Earth Science right to Physics, thus skipping biology and chemistry*. But I'm ready to at least learn more about it, see more videos, etc. Well there it is, the razor's outta the bag :).

*-sorry @Trigger

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  12. Paul Turner

Ah yes, the shortest day of the year. There shouldn't be any more humidity now so I'll keep going with the "cold-weather shaves" through this.

13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thank you, Danny.

14. Trigger

I have seen Chris Bailey of IAMCDB a you tuber apply the afterahave first before lathering and then shavimg. Of course, he adds on more aftershave after the shave. He got the idea from Ken Klitschco of shave 326. The purpose is to clean the field (alcohol) and to increase the scent concentration while shaving. Personally, I am a traditionalist. I believe in using aftershaves as it was intended.

Keithmax, brit, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  15. wristwatchb

If you try to copy off Susie again during class, there will be trouble.
    1.png

Keithmax, Terry, brit and 6 others like this.
  16. wristwatchb

Interesting, Joe. Sometimes I have after dinner mints before 3 p.m. I guess that's a non-starter for you too. ;)

Keithmax, brit, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  17. Paul Turner

Chris Bailey's middle name is "GET IT". That's what he says in many of his Fine videos...finishes with ...GET IT".

18. Trigger

You are wrong on your assessment Paul. It's like going from HS Earth Science (9th Grade) to College Physical Chemistry (3rd year college) P. Chem also uses Differential Calculus (2nd year college)
    Before you decide to go into straights, you need to graduate to DE razors. Under normal circumstances, disposable razors use more pressure than a straight so your touch needs to be quite different. The way to get that touch is to use a safety razor first and get proficient without daily cuts and nicks. I would say that would take you a good year of daily shaves given your propensity to your high rate of cuts with a disposable. Finally, I would go into straights or shavettes. Shavettes would be the way to go because you don't have to worry about stropping and honing. All you would have to do is replace the blade.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  19. Trigger

Lol! In that case, I would call them after lunch mints.

wristwatchb, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Well, as we know "daily cuts and nicks" have been an issue with me. I'll watch the vidoes, read the posts, then decide for sure about it. Course your own post here is a help....a "kickstart". Never took Calculus in H.S.

Keithmax, wristwatchb, brit and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.