Ok...question number 3 of 177864455

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Robert1955, Feb 3, 2019.

1. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

I agree with you 100% and while TTO razors may add mechanical complexity I've never had one perform other than perfectly.

Hembree likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20190204_072336_600x800.jpg

20190204_072322_800x695.jpg

If you look closely a few imperfections are visible on the cap. The corrosion went deeper than I thought but Chris worked hard on it before it was replatable. He was very apologetic about the flaws but they are not his fault. And in person you really have to look to see them. I couldn't be happier with the result, and it shaves fantastically.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :eatdrink047:

wchnu and Frijolero like this.
  4. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

Waiting for a deal in classifieds..... Then Buying a pre owned $$$ razor. Then re selling is basically renting. I under stand the curiosity factor. I have yet to exhaust the curiosity factor with vintage razors I own or that are arriving in the mail.

The same theory applies with straights. I think my most expensive straight was $124 new. (Christmas present to myself) thing is it doesn’t shave better than $30 dollar used dovo or $20 vintage boker, or $13 Genco. I get more entertainment value and challenge trying to hone and maintain the perfect edge on vintage blade. ( while simtaneously chasing the perfect shave)

But I digress back to OP. While not a $300 superhollywoosturbodeluxe razor, I recently bought a $20 focus dynamic modern well machined razor, and while not in the super razor class I own higher end merkurs. I can apprciate and am interested in the workmanship and precision of a superhollywoodturbodeluxe razor. But I find myself reaching for and using the my vintages toys the majority of the time....... vintage straights followed by, old style gillete, tech, single ring, short comb, long comb, red tip, and recently adjustable slim.

I can appreciate the value and need for toys , hobbies it keeps us interested and alive. if a $300 superhollywoodturbodeluxe razor is your thing I’m happy for you, and am here for you should you cast a few to the wayside, But to answer the OP .... I’m with the mini.... (although would prefer a vintage car/truck reference)

Frijolero and gorgo2 like this.