Old Spice AS vs knockoffs

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by OS Mariner, Mar 12, 2016.

1. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

No.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

oh, I suppose because of the P&G. Some of the ads use the term "Smellmitment". It should thus be called " New Spice", not Old.

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

You da man....of plan, or something like that. Thanks! :)

I might re-sell the soap in the kit since, if I'm not mistaken, the Old Spice soaps are tallow based (animal). I'm a vegan, so I'm really weighing whether to overlook it because it's an antique item where the company is no longer making the product, so it's not like I would be supporting the manufacture of it.

4. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I just purchased a bottle for $19 US from Fendrihan - free shipping since I ordered a few other items as well. Same logo as you show. Reviews claim that it is the original smell. Fendrihan states that it is "European made". No other specifics. We'll see - should arrive early next week.

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Now that's some fancy justification there.
    Well, the animals only had to die once.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think Old Spice(or "New Spice" as I call it now) should lose the ORIGINAL if they want to keep the "EAU DE TOILETTE".

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'd still like to find out what was the story on the Old Spice bottle I walked away from at a resale shop. It was of recent manufacturer but had 1938 embossed in blue on it, if I remember correctly. Should have got it.