Old Spice Roll-Call

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TraderJoe, Dec 28, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Somehow, I feel like a traitor.....but oh well.

If you're a fan of Old Spice Aftershave/Cologne, show the flag.

I have been using the stuff non stop for over a week now (either the cologne, the aftershave, or both!), and see no slowing down in sight.

[​IMG]

All hail Old Spice :1respect

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

IM HERE.........

Classic and Clean.....thats all im saying :)

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

I had some way back, but I got rid of it. Now I wish I had it back. I need to hit Ebay and try to find some of the original fromula.

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

The new stuff is pretty solid too. Definitely different, but still great.

Besides the scent......You gotta like the price, the bottle-styling (buoy), and the sailboat ;)

[​IMG]

5. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Blair,
    Don't feel bad, I did the same thing. Wish I had it back because it was the old formula. :( I just got the new, still smells great. Wish I could find some of the shave soap.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

My only wish is that they would bring back the original boat-style on the bottles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Don't they offer other scents?

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

They currently offer "Pure Sport", and "Fresh". And of course, the Original

I had seen, in very limited markets, an aftershave called "Smooth Blast" .....but it smelled terrible and must have taken a dive because I haven't seen it since.

[​IMG]

There was also "Whitewater", but that was discontinued a few years ago. My dad used that. Now he uses Pure Sport.

[​IMG]

9. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Y'all are a bad influence. I just scored a bottle of the old Shulton formula on Ebay express.

10. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:happy096

Got a link? :D

11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

I like it.
    Altho I usually use it as a toner after I wash my face before bed.

12. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    We have the old Shulton formula in TSD's store. :confused:

It's made in India. Suppose to be the original formula.

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Need to get myself one of the old school bottles and poor that stuff in. Never to use of course.. but just to say I got the OLD old spice. :D

14. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    It is the exact old formula, and it's not old stock either. Unfortunately it's no longer produced in the united states, and is only available in plastic. Guys I know I may be a bit biased, but unless you want the old bottle itself, go to the TSD store and get fresh product for probably the same price. We carry the original and fresh lime in aftershave and cream.

For those that are curious, if the bottle doesn't say shulton, it's probably new formula.

15. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

I must admit I use and like Old Spice - But more in the summer.. Its a Great Classic.. And mighty cheap even in ol´Sweden..

Good Stuff!

16. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

It's what my Dad used for years when I was growing up, and it's what I used to sneak into his room and use every now and then when I wanted to smell like a grown-up. :o

I've bought 3 bottles of the original Shulton's formula just for that reason. It will always have a special place to me.

17. Lionhearted

Lionhearted New Member

I've used both original and lime Old Spice AS since 1956. About three years ago before I knew this or any other shaving forum existed, I ordered four bottles from an online store in India, two original and two lime. The bottles were plastic and small, 100ml (3.4 ounces). Total was about $40 with shipping. They came by air mail in about a week. Unfortunately I see it's still cheaper to order from India, 271 rupee = $6.87 plus shipping.

For those who like the current American formula, Dollar General and Family Dollar have it for $5, it's at my local Walmart for $5.97, Walgreens' price is $7.99 and Drugstore.com sells it for $6.29. Gio at Razor and Brush has cut his price to $6.50.

Richard

18. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Thus my only reason for ordering from another vendor. If I ever run through all of this stuff, I will reorder from TSD! ;)

(Sorry, Joe, but this particular vendor only had one bottle, supposedly.)

19. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Im there TJ , true Hardcore :rofl

I just ordered a new batch of the new 3 piece Parker Razors but not without asking the guy to check out the local stores and throw me in some shave cream
    he got me Old Spice ! :drool:drool best of all Free of charge as a Christmas Gift .
    Ill just say... what Bruce SAYS !!!!! I'll KNOW if YOU DONT HAVE IT ! :drool

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1OxkFOK18[/ame]

20. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Yes! Listen to what The Chin has to say! Lessons for life.. not just Old Spice.