Old Spice Shave Kit.......Part 1 Complete

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Tim Spencer, May 29, 2016.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great idea. However, I'm not soap maker, so I don't know if that is really going to work like I think it will. But it doesn't hurt to ask a soap maker. The alcohol content might not allow this to work without stinging. From what I've read, it seems like soap makers use scented oils.

2. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Just melt some glycerin soap in the microwave 10-second bursts then just add a little cologne not aftershave ...cologne it won't hurt the soap it all and you'll have Old Spice soap

3. gregkw1

Tim I just found a YouTube video on adding scent to a shave soap. No problem. He actually made arko into old spice. Bingo. Just search adding scent to a shave soap. The guy with a blue shirt

4. gregkw1

I think when you use Arko which is a Tallow based soap you can only melt it till it's soft. A glycerin soap can be melted to a liquid. I think I'm going to try that with my arko. I'm going to use lime and Old Spice then I'll press it into an Old Spice mug

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Cool kit!

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Tim Spencer

Thanks!

7. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Those knock out caps are going to be my next purchase.
    Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Wow, that's quite the kit! I cant wait to see the other ones you are working on!

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. Tim Spencer

This kit has been updated with my new 1960's Gillette Superspeed Red Tip Razor with a "satin nickel" finish. I made new pictures.

barbersurgeon likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

I recently procured a pair of Old Spice Talc bottles. Both are full of scented powder with great markings and caps. They seem to be from a travel gift set offered around 1960.
    PM me if you are interested.
    Old Spice Talc.gif

11. brit

brit in a box

i have 2 old spice mugs(no soap) ,soap commander endurance soap and the new old spice classic aftershave and cologne.i want to find an old spice soap puck and shulton aftershave in the future.i love old spice.

Keithmax and Tim Spencer like this.
  12. Tim Spencer

Yes. Anyone who doesn't love Old Spice has no soul.

Keithmax likes this.
  13. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I found a full bottle of Shulton Old Spice at a flea market last week. It's heaven in a bottle.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk