Omega Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shaving Soap Reviews' started by otherstar, Dec 11, 2009.

1. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

This is a soft soap that is very close to CO Bigelow/Proraso in scent, lather, and performance. If you like Proraso, you will likely enjoy this soap.

Lather: very easy to get a nice slick lather that lasts through four passes. You will have to either lather on your face or in a separate mug because the container is too small for creating lather in it.

Scent: Much like Proraso, but I think it has less menthol. It smells like it and it isn't near as cooling as my CO Bigelow (it's close, but not quite as intense). I can also smell coconut oil and eucalyptus. Nice, clean scent.

Price: I got mine on sale for two tubs for $10.00. It usually sells for around $8.00 a tub, which is still a very good price for this product as a little goes a long way.

I will definitely keep this in my rotation.

Richard Jackson likes this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

To me, this soap is almost exactly the same as the Proraso Green bowl soap. Perhaps the menthol is a bit weaker, but the scent and everything else about it is the same. I don't like this stuff at all either. Just the lather is very good and stable--nothing else. I even paid 15,00$ CDN for it, which to me is far too much.