Only in the Philippines

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Woknblues, Sep 21, 2007.

1. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Depends on whose nude imho

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I suppose.. certainly not me though.. yeah that wouldn't be good...:ashamed001

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

So do we have any takers on the optional Nudity?

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

The less of me you see the better. It's not pretty. :rofl

6. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

The silence is deafening.. :rofl

7. Will

Will Nevermind

Who needs a beach to get naked? :rolleyes:

I got no shame but the kids may get scared of seeing a real life Wookie.

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Word. ::

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

for a summer vacation?? Give me the Greek Islands, or Sardinia, for a winter vacation, give me Guadeloupe, or Acapulco!

10. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

You have the right country, but here is the deal on Spanish. Spain conquered the Philippines about 400 years ago. they were here for about 333 years. During that time even, few Filipinos were really allowed to "educate" themselves, so the use of Spanish (among Filipinos) was not terribly widely used, except in the very elite families. Spanish has not been taught in schools since 1900ish, so the language is dead here, essentially. Having said that, Tagalog, the majority used language here (there are several others, as well though) has incorporated some Spanish words and phrases and numbers into it. Still, the two are not really "exchangeable" and as far as I know, you would have a hard time finding "Spanish" language classes. Everyone here is desperately trying to learn English, the world's lingua franca. (400 years ago, I guess it would have been Spanish, if they were given a chance to learn it). As an alternate, you could probably lounge around like a slob in one of the many South American countries like Argentina, Chile or Panama, etc, and pick up Spanish a lot quicker. As I may embarrassingly note, I have been lounging here like a slob for almost 3 years and can barely speak Tagalog. My girlfriend doesn't speak it, and all our classes are conducted in English, and everybody knows enough English so that I really don't get the chance to learn (or more accurately, forced to learn), like I did Thai while I was there. I picked that up in about 6 months, for example.

They have 8 chairs in the shop. That would be funny and cool. We could just "take it over" ;)

they have them. By the way, I forgot to mention that on the beach, there are women giving coconut oil massages right there on the beach for about $5 and hour. I can't tell you how relaxing it is. Awesome!

11. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Sounds like a relaxing place... shame you are required to fly to get there.

Send me a postcard guys!

12. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

John, you must come to Baguio next time. I think the average temps here are 75 degrees year round. -10 winter and +10 summer... It is a completely different type of Philippines that I knew after a year in Manila. Where is your wife from? My GF's family is from the Visayas, so we go to Boracay a lot. That is about the only place in the Philippines where the heat doesn't "get to you" outside of the northern Luzon, where we are now. There are lots of very interesting places up here. Sagada is our favorite place to hang out for a few days of hiking and whatnot.

13. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

What are you, like B.A. Baracus? Scared to fly, so we have to drug you with some milk at the end of every episode to get you on a plane? ;)

Attached Files:

• ba1.jpg
      ba1.jpg
      File size:
      36.8 KB
      Views:
  14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

As much as I respect Mr. T (You can't pity me foo!), a post card will have to do. No flying for me thanks... :ashamed001

15. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

I'll be on the next flight out there. ::

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Don't forget to buy my ticket while your talking to the airline, Joe! :D

17. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Holy Crap , great idea !

but can we have it done..jees this sounds like HUGE FUN !

will take some planning but I know just how Wok feels he is living da life in paradise. I went on holiday to Prague and yes my Euro coin kicks ass in Praque aswell not as much as it would kick in Phili. The lobster pick made my jaws drop Deeeeeeeelicious !!! I had a fish made in some Thai restaurant completely steamed with same hot sauce you have there.. and the white rice

I think would be Huge fun to actually meet a few TSD heads there , count me in if someone else arranges sleeping places and such.

anyways if this becomes a reality or is just day dreaming ill bring the aftershaves... :rofl

18. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

dont be a party pooper Jeff, your comming too we need a bouncer incase we get in trouble its nice to have a blackbelt protecting the club. :rofl

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

U better believe it, u menthol maniac :cool:

20. Zeni

Zeni New Member

I have never been to a nude beach, especially with my wife and never around our wedding anniversary and NEVER EVER taken a 2-3 hour drive to get to one in WI right on the Wisconsin River in Dade County. Jeez you guys are sick.:rofl