Open Discussion/Reflection - How many threads do you post your DAILY shaves in?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Rufus T., Jul 15, 2016.

?

How many different threads do you regularly post your daily shave in?

1. 1 thread.

39.1%
  2. 2 threads.

43.5%
  3. 3 threads.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 5 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Every thread I can as I'm trying to boost my "Posts" and "Likes" counts!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None - I'm just lurking!

17.4%
  1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I have this internal dialogue daily in my head, "should I post the same picture with the same write up in multiple threads?" I will typically post in the SOTD thread and the 30 day thread and then if I'm using an injector or SE I'll post in that thread, a SR I'll post in the SR thread. I may be redundant for others to see the same post in multiple places but as a newbie I gain a lot of insight from the comments I get. I wish I had the time to write an individual post for each thread daily but I try to add additional comments when I do have the time. I think I'll start limiting my SOTD post to just a picture as that thread can be very busy and leave the details for the other threads. The advice and comments I get I truly appreciate and have helped me change my shaves from a chore into a pleasure.

RyX, PLAla, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I just post in the SOTD thread. However, whenever I am shaving with a SE razor, I will also post over in the Injector & SE Party !!! thread.

PLAla, Douglas Carey and mrchick like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'm also not a Twit

AGHisBBS, RyX, Redfisher and 2 others like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I think that's a tweeter

AGHisBBS, Redfisher and mrchick like this.
  5. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Normally just one but sometimes two.

I mainly just slap up my SOTD and my thoughts in the 30 Day threads as that is where I spend most of my time on this forum (at least 95%) but every now and then I will also post in the weekly SOTD thread. Nothing against other threads or anything but I have (IMO) made some good friends and become pretty close with those who frequent the 30 Day Threads and I have the most fun in those threads. Maybe eventually I will come out of my comfortable hiding place and interact in other threads but for now that is normally where I post and can be found.

ob1page and RyX like this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Depends on who you are following

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and Redfisher like this.
  7. david of central florida

True

Redfisher likes this.
  8. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I post in the SOTD thread, and now that I use straights, I'll post there, too, but usually only the photo of the razor there. I like reading about what people use and what techniques work for them.

9. david of central florida

I like the reading also, thank you all for the participation. It makes the mundane a brotherhood of shared experience.

ob1page and Tdmsu like this.
  10. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Usually just SOTD, but I will occasionally post in multiple threads depending on how spectacular I think my shave was...but I usually post in just one due a lack of time. I do enjoy seeing the shave photos of others...love the pics, though they sometimes remind me I am a lousy photographer. ;)

I think it's great we have a variety of places to post and view our daily shaves. We are all on the same journey, but we are all on different paths. I also learned from this thread that there is a place to post daily SR shaves! So I may start posting there as well! I particularly enjoy the comradarie and supportive environment on TSD.

mrchick and ob1page like this.