Outdoor Photos and Landscapes

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by GDCarrington, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Yes. We have been through Kanab on a number of occasions. Didn't make it to the sanctuary. Had a killer Navajo Taco at Nedra's Too. I did not know until we visited Kanab that quite a number of older westerns were filmed in the around Kanab. Beautiful country side.

BamaT, Paul Turner and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I did some volunteer work at Best Friends a few years ago...part of the tour package also included Bryce and Zion hikes. Wonderful time!

BamaT and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I might sponsor a horse at Best Friends sometime this year......

5. brit

brit in a box

hello folks ,all british field meet. van dusen gardens .vancouver bc. 20180519_125133.jpg

6. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Somewhere over St Louis :)
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigMark83, Paul76, Redrock and 2 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

We can't compete with your camera platform.

Please post more.

Psalm 19:1

RyX, brit and Pilotcld like this.
  8. Bama Samurai

@Pilotcld

Things I'd love to see....

The sun or rise/set above the cloud deck.
    The moon in a similar position, especially during daylight.
    Anything from cruising altitude over the western deserts. Bonus points for anything over Nevada.

Oh yeah, and ET spacecraft. But, you can PM those.

You should make a coffee table style graphic book of what your days are like. Make it available over e-print on demand. You never know...

RyX and Pilotcld like this.
  9. Pilotcld

I love that scripture.
    And to that I respond, “Ask and he shall receive”

[​IMG]
    Thunderstorms building near Wendover, UT
    [​IMG]
    My guess is this could’ve been formed from a glacier thousands of years ago as it made its way through this mountain pass? This is in between Colorado and Utah somewhere.
    [​IMG]
    Storms’a comin’
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see the slant of darkness caused by the curvature of the earth as the sun sets over Canada
    [​IMG]
    Last but not least, the Pacific Ocean south of Las Angeles

Bobcat, Paul Turner, BamaT and 6 others like this.
  10. Bama Samurai

All just amazing! So few humans ever get to see the things you see.

Frijolero and Pilotcld like this.
  11. Pilotcld

Thank you!
    This is one reason why I love my “job” so much. Tonight was rough because we had to maneuver around a bunch of thunderstorms, but generally I get to look out the window in awe of our planet :). Lemme search for a minute and see if I can find a sunrise that a friend of mine set. So far nothing over Nevada, but I will try my best :)

BamaT, Redrock, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  12. Pilotcld

Just realized I can’t post any time lapse videos on here! Boo
    Oh and @Bamasamurai , you’ll be the first to get a PM if I see any UFO’s! You’re the first to ask haha

RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

It's that time of year. I live about ten miles west of the runways for the north approach into DEN. I can see them (airliners) go into holding patterns when the cells move onto the airport area, especially at twilight. Watching the skies here, day or night, is one of my favorite things.

14. Pilotcld

Oh nice!! You get to see a wide variety of planes then! Denver is a good airport for plane spotting! One of my favorite things is watching planes coming in and creating the “stairway” look into the airport as they descent through the approach altitudes

Redrock likes this.
  15. Bama Samurai

I believe in UFOs. I totally accept that people see things in the sky that they can't identify. However, I also realize that if we were to overlay a heat map of UFO sightings against a map of known Air Force facilities.....

;)

16. Pilotcld

seriously tho. I’d believe it. I personally think that if we believe the universe to have No ending, we would be silly to think we are the only habitable planet in the universe. But that’s just me.

BamaT, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

The skies here are indeed very full. Buckley AFB, immediately south, has a couple of fighter squadrons. All kinds of cargo airplanes. Military helicopters of all sort. Lots of general avaiation at DEN too.

I am close enough to see that "staircase" even in the daylight. At night it almost looks like cars on a hill, 5- 20 planes at a time, forming at times two distinct parallel paths. Takeoffs look the same, only in reverse. It becomes easy to visualize what the pilots and air traffic control are doing, and the seperation by both distance and altitude is fascinating to watch. It's possible to even put ATC on the scanner and watch it happen. Very cool. Kudos to all of you. It's like watching a slow motion clock.

Can't really argue that one way or the other. Human lifetimes are just a flash. The distances to any of those planets and the resultant physics issues causes us, for all practical purposes, to experience our universe as if we are it. Personally, I am open to consider any evidence one has to offer on any subject. For ETs inside lunar distance, I need at least a craft (or wreckage), and hopefully a pilot, deceased or still living.

BamaT and RyX like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

I see British Steel! Very cool.

brit likes this.
  19. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Here’s an outdoor photo from a few days ago-

[​IMG]

brit, BamaT, RyX and 3 others like this.
  20. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

A quick pic in my yard.[​IMG]

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

BigMark83, Pilotcld, BamaT and 4 others like this.