P.160

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by blanka, Mar 24, 2014.

1. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

IB just posted a teaser pic on FB of the labeling for the re-instated P.160 coming out in early May! Huzzah!

2. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

3. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay? We have to wait that long!!!!!!

Hope it'll come in the 1KG variety again as well.

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Oh wow...is it the same manufacturer in Italy?
    The exact same recipe - or a 'version' of P.160?

5. Neolithium

From what I've read from Joe this is the original P.160 formula just brought back from the grave. If I win the lottery though I'll buy that last 1kg and compare ;)

6. blanka

Same exact formula. The picture that Randy posted about was a formulation joke on Italian Barber's part (notice that there's no tallow listed in that pic). IB later posted the real picture:

p160.png

7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Just take my money.

blanka likes this.
  8. aelfred_allspach

aelfred_allspach Active Member

Darn, it has coconut in it :( I'm really highly allergic

9. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Not to jack thread but any news on the Slant ?

10. blanka

Very soon, within the next fee weeks, I've heard

11. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

How many of you have tried the original? It was before I converted. Is it really as good as they say?

12. blanka

The origina
    It's amazing stuff

JRod22 likes this.
  13. Neolithium

I fell in love with it before it was discontinued; so my enjoyment of it definitely wasn't the "Going out of production" desire for it.

JRod22 and blanka like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I. Can. Not. Wait.

blanka likes this.
  15. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, but... What's the deal with P.160? I know people like it, I know IB sells a brick for $10,000 for some reason. Is this really awesome stuff? Why's everybody love it as compared to the billion other products out there? Please enlighten me.

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Rumours has it that it has face-crack in it. That addictive.
    It also makes the lather seem really cool.
    I can't wait.

blanka and Sir ShavesAlot like this.
  17. Neolithium

The $10,000 price tag is because as soon as people heard it was being discontinued it went off the shelves like crazy. Joe found one last kilo in storage and placed it up there with that price to donate the proceeds to charity.

For those of us who love almond soft soaps, it's beyond awesome, it was as cheap as Cella and IMO had a better scent and performance out of every Italian soft soap.

blanka likes this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

So...another...six weeks or so...
    Gotta see if he does pre-orders.

19. blanka

Face crack, indeed!

20. blanka

As Neolithium said, the $10,000 brick was out there for charity purposes. For me personally, I discovered P.160 early in my wetshaving career. I found it to be the best-smelling, easiest to lather and most efficacious soap I'd used. It wasn't long after that it was announced it'd been discontinued by the manufacturer. I did, at that point, hoard a bit of it (which is laughable, now that it has been brought back to life).

I had been using my stash very slowly over the last couple years, but with the recent news, I've begun using it on a regular basis again. Are there other amazing and shave-worthy almond croaps out there? Of course! Cella & ABCBA are both very similar to P160 (slightly different almond scents on each one, and ABCBA doesn't have tallow). Razorock Classic is also very similar (again, not tallow based). Also, a couple years ago, Cyanidemetal gifted me a portion of his RR limited edition almond soap, which was also awesome. However, when it comes down to it, I love P.160 best. As always YMMV, but I'm thrilled to see this product alive again and available for other wetshavers to try.

I'll be curious to see if RR also brings back the hard version of P.160, which I never got a chance to try before it disappeared.