Palmolive classic with Palm Extract shave cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Red Rider, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

This :
    Ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Coconut Acid, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Parfum, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Silicate, Cocos Nucifera Extract, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, CL**

Received a package from the U.K. early this week which included the Palmolive classic with palm extract shave cream.
    I was able to give it a try for the past two days in order to get a better evaluation.
    *Used bowl, brush, & water. Gave a decent lather with a fresh clean non describable scent, touch lemon, touch mint.
    * Good viscosity spreading well and holding well on wet face. More of a thin set lather.
    * Found to give very good lubricity. Tested both a Schick injector and pre-war English Tech.
    * Rinsed and repeated 2 more times shaving WTG, XTG.
    * Final rinse seem to take longer as face seemed slick. Lubricated not a bad thing. Minimal razor burn finish.
    I found that to be perfect this cream needs an astringent to negate any potential razor burn, something like witch hazel added to the formula. An astringent aftershave would work here also.
    Would I use it again ? Yes, but as an additive to a less slick shaving cream like Nivea Sensitive.
    Outcome, you can't go wrong here for the price. Paid under $13cda delivered for this and Ingram from the U.K. ala the jungle.

More info can be found here :
    http://www.colgate.co.uk/app/PalmoliveEU/Equity/UK/EN/products/palmolive-for-men/classic-shave-foam-shave.cwsp

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Marverel, Jayaruh, Robyflexx and 2 others like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

The Palmolive Classic cream and stick are both terrific. The cream has a very nice, clean scent, it lathers very easily, richly, and comfortably. The skincare is also top-notch. The stick also has a nice scent which I find to be different but has the same great lather and post-shave feeling.

Marverel, Jayaruh and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of the cream, but the stick is very good. I usually stock up when I'm in Germany.

4. kurtmill

kurtmill Active Member

It gives great protection with a clean scent that I can't place.

5. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I love this stuff. Originally I didn't, but it's become one of my faves. Sometimes the fresh, clean scent of this cream is just what you want.

Marverel, Robyflexx and Jayaruh like this.
  6. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I have the stick and it's among the best of my den.

7. jstolp

jstolp Active Member

Just tried the stick for the very first time this morning. This stuff is great. Wished they sold it in the US.

Marverel and Jayaruh like this.
  8. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I've never tried the stick. His does it compare to the cream?

9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Absolutely cheap cream that is on level with highly expensive soaps, same I can say for the nivea, arko, Derby, old spice India ....

10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I was gifted this wonderful cream by Lance aka @Skinny Rogers I absolutely love everything about it! I never thought I would read about someone thinking a soap was too slick. My favorite razors are aggressive and or efficient, I'll take all the slickness I can get. Slickness equals comfort for me. YMMV for peace keeping. images.png

Marverel, gzp, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I hope to add this to my den sometime this year. I just have too much stuff now.

Marverel and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

If you like the Palmolive stick, try to find the Wilkinson Sword blue stick ... better scent than the Palmolive, and the lather is just as good.

Warning; the WS stick contains lanolin ... some people don't like that.

crackstar likes this.
  13. Macros42

Macros42 Active Member

Barber I used to go to for hot towel shaves (before I discovered I could do it myself) uses Palmolive. I bought a tube and stick of it recently - tube is €1.80, stick is 90c. Lovely lather and feel - can't really go wrong for that price.

Robyflexx likes this.
  14. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Talk about shaving like my dad and grandfather. This is one of the staples in both their kits. It was in pops for the 20 years he put in the AF after serving 4 in the army during the war in the lovely south pacific. I use it to to ground myself after too many shaves with Czech & Speake or Penhaligon's.
    One's aspirations the other reality.

Robyflexx likes this.
  15. realtore!!!

realtore!!! Active Member

Both are amazing performers. The scents are completely different and while I like them both, I think the scent of the stick is incredible!

Robyflexx likes this.
  16. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

If you guys want to try a stick, I can get you one ;) and the cream, of course

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

They both smell "industrial" to me ... if you want a nice scent (YMMV), get one of the blue Wilkinson Sword sticks.

However, those seem to be difficult to acquire outside Germany, so that might be a bit of searching.

The WS stick also contains lanolin, so it's not for you when you are allergic to that ingredient.

18. Robyflexx

I want to try the stick @Marverel! :)

19. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

PM me your address and I'll send you one :)

Robyflexx likes this.
  20. Robyflexx

:thanks: my friend! :)