Parker Users...talk to me

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by poppi, Sep 19, 2008.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have become interested in the Parker 3 piece razors and would like to know more about them.

Anybody use them?? If so, which models?? Would you care to share your thoughts about them??

Thanks and enjoy your shave

2. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I'd like to know also. I like the looks of the Parker 71r and would love to know more about Parker's in general also.

3. Larry T

Larry T Member

I have a Parker 91R three piece razor. It is basically a copy of the Merkur 23C(I have one of those too). They are great shavers, a little more aggressive than a Gillette SS or Tech, similar to my Fatboy at 6 or 7. Mine is part of my regular rotation.

I also have several of the TTO Parkers, 52R, 60R and 96R, but I don't really care for them as much as the 91R. The TTOs aren't bad razors, they are just kind of expensive for what you get. The three I have are also more aggressive than the 91R.

I hope this helps.

Larry

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have a Parker 22R, and a 91R, both of which are excellent. the 91R is somewhat more aggressive than the 22R, but it still works very well, and a mild blade like a Dorco will calm it down quite well.

5. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I have a 71R, 89R, and 91R. It is my opinion that all three share the same head, and the only difference is in the handle. In saying that, I do believe the weight of the handle affects the way the razor performs. The way we list them in the TSD store is in order of weight, so you have the 71R being the lightest, the 91R being the heaviest, and the 89R being in the middle.

I used to be a merkur guy, until I found these. I haven't used a merkur since. If you haven't seen them, you might want to look at THIS and THIS.

6. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Thanks to all who have responded, the information is great. I'm leaning to the 89r however I've seen some pictures of the model 83 and 84. They're gorgeous! Anybody have experience with either of those??