Pass-Around, Essence by Tedalus Edition

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by PLANofMAN, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Feather Artist Club
    Screenshot_20210730-085110_Amazon Shopping.jpg Screenshot_20210730-085152_Chrome.jpg

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks for the clarification. Given my limited knowledge, I must ask- do these really do better than the half-DE blades?

Edison Carter and Dave in KY like this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    They cover a wider area, so less irritation from multiple passes, but imo, they are just a longer, slightly sharper Schick injector blade, and should be treated as such.

Edison Carter likes this.
  4. Hembree

[​IMG]
    Essence by Tedelus razor
    Feather Pro Guard blade (2)
    Simpsons shave soap
    Simpson T3 Trafalgar

What a way to end the month! I started out with some straights and shifted over to shavettes in anticipation for the Essence. This is the 3rd shave with the Essence and it is getting better.

The T3 whipped up some nice lather this morning. Jim @jluc PIFed this to me when I purchased his Razorock Hawk. The generosity of this group is just amazing.

I really enjoy the Pro Guard blade over a DE. The Pro Guard does an excellent job and just leaves my face feeling better. I completed two passes on the cheeks and three on the neck. I'm as smooth as possible. I did have one mishap and the Pro Guard saved the day. I set down wrong on my right cheek and felt it dig in. The area developed two small dots of blood but nothing to even mention. The motions with the Essence are becoming more natural and the razor is a joy to use. The alum had just a little feedback but overall it was an excellent shave.

I have really enjoyed this month trying to learn new skills but most of all I have enjoyed the friendship of this group.

Ya'll are the best if the best!

Take care everyone

snuff, Edison Carter, b1hart and 5 others like this.
  5. Hembree

[​IMG]
    Essence by Tedelus
    Feather Pro Guard blade (3)
    Hembree Delrin brush handle with synthetic knot
    Fine Snake Bite soap
    Royal Copenhagen cologne

No shave yesterday but an awesome drama free shave with the Essence this morning. Two full passes and three on the neck.

The Essence is a joy to operate but I did find one very disappointing problem with the razor. If you leave a blade in the Essense snd close it the blade will contact the inside of the scale area.
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure this will be corrected on future razors but with all of the thought that went into this razor it is interesting that this got through.

The alum feedback was nominal. A good splash of witch hazel and a few squirts of Royal Copenhagen and this lovely shave was in the bag.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.

Edison Carter and Dave in KY like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Also an issue with the other two razors that take three blade types. Though people don't complain about those:
    Antiga Barbearia de Bairro ~ Navalha
    (translation: Old Neighborhood Barber Shop - razor)
    IBC Razor by Irving Barber Co.

Edison Carter and Hembree like this.
  7. Hembree

It is it not really a complaint that I have. I'm aware of it now and will remove the blade or leave the razor open.

PLANofMAN and Edison Carter like this.
  8. Hembree

Sorry....no picture today. For some reason I forgot to get one this morning.

Essence by Tedelus
    Feather Pro Guard (4)
    Razorock 400 synthetic brush
    Tabac shave soap
    Royal Copenhagen cologne

Very nice Tabac lather this morning. I thought I had added too much water but I finally ending up with some awesome thin Tabac lather.

Another nice run with the Essence. Two on the cheeks and three on the neck with no blood loss and very little feedback from the alum.

A little witch hazel followed by the Royal Copenhagen and this one was finished up.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Tuesday!

9. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Sorry. People have been getting testy about it. It's pretty much the only complaint anyone's had about it. As far as I know, it's there because it acts as one of the mounting points for the stand.

10. Hembree

No problem.

11. Hembree

[​IMG]
    Essence by Tedelus
    Feather Pro Guard blade (4)
    Dscosmetics synthetic brush
    Arko shave soap
    Stetson cologne

I had to hunt the Arko up. It took a while but I finally found it and pulled it from the back of the cabinet. I can tolerate Arko. It lathers great but the scent is just a turn off for me.

Another very nice Essence shave this morning. Three passes on the neck and two on the cheeks. The alum gave very little feed back this morning.

I think I'm going to take the training wheels off and load a Feather Professional blade in the morning.

I'm shooting on sending the razors out to next one on the list this coming Monday if that is alright, Ryan @PLANofMAN.

12. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Fine by me. Glad you are enjoying the razor.

13. Hembree

[​IMG]
    Essence by Tedelus
    Feather Professional blade (fresh).
    Hembree Delrin handle with synthetic knot.
    Soap Commander Honor shave soap.
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT

Very enjoyable Soap Commander this morning. I really enjoy the barbershop scent...nice, pleasant and not overpowering.

I loaded a fresh Professional blade in the Essense and went to work. I completed three passes on the neck and two on the cheeks. I did have an operator error and set down wrong under my chin and got a little blood line.....nothing major. The alum was a little warm in a few places but I'm pleased with the shave even with the mishap.

I'm really enjoying the Essence. It is an amazing razor and handles very nicely.

I finished the shave with some witch hazel and a few squirts of Bourbon and Oak.

I hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  14. Hembree

I was feeling rushed this morning so I grabbed a double edge razor this morning.

No Essence shave today. :(

Ryan, who is next on the list so I can get the razors in the mail Monday.

I have really enjoyed this adventure and I appreciate your willingness to let these razors make the rounds.

IAmTheJody, Edison Carter and Sara-s like this.
  15. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    @Dave in KY is.

Dave in KY likes this.
  16. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Unfortunately Dave's life got crazy again and he asked Danny to go to the next on the list :angry017:

17. Hembree

PLANofMAN and Edison Carter like this.
  18. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Yes

Hembree likes this.
  19. Hembree

Thanks, I was wanting to be sure.

20. Hembree

No shave for me today. My last shave with the Essence will be in the morning and then Monday it will be off to see Joe @JACarbone.

I'm really looking forward to Joe's thoughts on the Essence.

Sara-s and Edison Carter like this.