Pass Around - PAL Adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:happy036:

Bama Samurai, Karl G and Jim99 like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My wife saw the charge on the credit card and asked "this IS the last one, RIGHT?" I said yeah!

Yeah, right!

:p

3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

The PAL Adjustable arrived safe and sound, looking forward to trying it out this evening.

4. Robyflexx

Awesome! Enjoy! :happy036:

Billyfergie, Karl G and dustmite like this.
  5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Karl
    you need to do a mass PM to the entire forum. That might wake everybody up.:D

6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Woohoo! My PAL adjustable arrived! I opened up the package once I walked in the door. I gave it a quick cleaning, loaded it up with a Chick blade, set the adjuster to mid way, lathered up with some Barbasol and tried it out. I was not disappointed!

This razor is big, heavy and has a long handle. This thing is substantial! Speaking of the handle, it has a slight offset to it, so the angle takes a a couple of minutes to get used to it. Considering this razor was first sold in 1962, it was light years ahead of its time! By the looks of it, you would think it just came out today! It must have been used by George Jetson!

The shave was great! Nice and smooth! The middle setting is what I used and it made for a very efficient shave. I was surprised to find it so maneuverable. Chin and nostril areas are no problem for this razor. I got a great shave, with no nicks and irritation. This is by far my favorite injector and, with a few more uses, might be at the top of my all time list. Yes, it might be better than a fat boy and a slim. It's that good!

Looks, weight, balance, stainless steel, efficiency and the coolness... It's all there with the PAL injector.

Anyone not on the pass around list is making a mistake. You've got to try this razor!
    image.jpeg

7. Robyflexx

Yes! Jim, I'm so glad you're happy buddy and beautiful PAL Adj. you got there! :happy036:............:transport022:

8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Thanks Roby. This is a true "must have" razor. I was convinced in one shave.

All you guys are such enablers! Good thing too. I just got a great razor!

All aboard the PAL Adjustable train!

:transport022:

9. Robyflexx

I'm shaving with mine tomorrow again, I just can't keep away. Jump on this train people!......:transport022:

Billyfergie, Karl G, dustmite and 2 others like this.
  10. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Today's shave: Fresh from the shower
    Cold water shave
    Stirling MITA whipped up with an Omega boar
    Fresh Chinese Schick
    Florida Water

I REALLY like this razor! Karl warned me about the narrow sweet spot, so I paid close attention. I started with it set on the middle position and bumped up slowly to high. I found this great for my first pass, WTG. I started the second pass (ATG) on high, but quickly turned down to the 3/4 position. I finished my second pass well past DFS, and a little touch up yielded an irritation-free BBS.

The cons: VERY quiet shave. This is the least audible feedback I've had since ditching carts.
    The handle was fine on my first pass, but when I turned it upside down for my second, it had a tendency to want to roll, and the grip was a bit more slippery. I think these minor issues would clear up quickly with regular use, and these issues are definitely not deal breakers for this razor. I'm looking forward to the next shave now that I know what to expect. Again, a big thank you to @Karl G for sharing this with us.

11. Robyflexx

Glad it worked for you! :happy036:

Billyfergie, Jim99, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  12. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Karl warned me about the narrow sweet spot, so I paid close attention.

Ah, so I see you found the "shy girl." Nice! :happy036:

13. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

If I'm still last on the list by the time I get it, I may just keep it for myself..... Assuming I like it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Billyfergie, dustmite, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I just saw this post and if possible I'd like to get in on it. Been wanting to see how they shave and possibly buy one.

15. Robyflexx

Good call Jim! :happy036:

Billyfergie, twhite and Karl G like this.
  16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Your in! Here's the current list:
    1. dustmite (Has the PAL Adjustable)
    2. PLAla
    3. whiteboy_cannon aka "sticky fingers"
    4: jimjo1031

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Those whiteboys always have sticky fingers. I should know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Allready On 2 Pass Arounds.
    But what the HECK you Only live once.
    I'M IN.

19. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Way to go. If you get in enough pass arounds, you won't need any personal razors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Robyflexx

:happy036:

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.