Pass Around - PAL Adjustable

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The PAL is is in new hands and the updated list is below. CJ - let us know how you are doing - enquiring minds want to know. :)

1. dustmite
    2. PLAla

3. whiteboy_cannon aka "sticky fingers" (Has the PAL)
    4: jimjo1031
    5. cliffb599
    6. Herm2502
    7. Bama Samurai
    8. red abalone diver
    9. som
    All aboard, time to jump on the PAL Adjustable train :transport022:

Billyfergie and Robyflexx like this.
  2. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

Sorry for the lack of updates, been real busy with life and classes and what not. But I've shaved with the pal twice now and has effortless BBS shaves both times. First shave was the lowest setting, 2nd was 1 notch up. Decided I'll just go up one setting for every shave and see which works best for me. I actually quite liked it on the low settings so they be my preference

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Karl G, Billyfergie, spidey9 and 4 others like this.
  3. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That PAL adjustable is one great razor!

4. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Excellent Conner! I'm happy it's working for you. :)

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  5. whiteboy_cannon

Been having a great SEptember so far. This is shave #3 with the Pal Adjustable here on pass-around. Tried the middle setting, and the shave was okay. I think I preferred the lower settings, but this shave was still fairly good
    [​IMG]

Herm2502, Jorvaljr, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  6. Robyflexx

:signs154:

7. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Not to complain, but want to make sure you still have me on the list. I definitely want to take a turn with the PAL. Thanks!

8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Yikes! :shocked003: Looks like your friendly moderator is failing in his record-keeping. Sorry William - you have been restored to your rightful place in the order! :)

1. dustmite
    2. PLAla

4: jimjo1031
    5. cliffb599
    6. Herm2502
    7. Bama Samurai
    8. red abalone diver
    9. wmbjr
    10. som

The PAL Adjustable is one almighty razor in the top tier of injectors by most anyone's figuring. See if you agree and sign up to give it a try. :happy036:

9. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

No problem! I'll go anywhere on the list. I just want to give it a shot, especially based on some of the shave reports!

Billyfergie, Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
  10. whiteboy_cannon

Well had another excellent shave today with the pal Adjustable. Had 2 days of growth, used the lowest setting on the left side of my face and the highest setting on the other side. After three passes, both sides were very near BBS, with the fully open side being a touch closer for obvious reasons, but that side did have more irritation even with a very light touch. In conclusion i think I like the lower settings much more, still a very close shave but less picky. Have a great day everyone

11. whiteboy_cannon

Think I'll be ready to ship it on to the next person on Monday. Assuming they are ready for it

Billyfergie, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I just sent whiteboy_cannon a pm saying I might have to go out of town for a while so please move me down the list a couple of spots, thx.

Billyfergie, Karl G and Robyflexx like this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

With jimjo1031 bowing out temporarily cliffb599 moves up a slot. @cliffb599 please coordinate with @whiteboy_cannon on the transfer of the PAL and send me a tracking number when it is available. Thanks! :happy088:

1. dustmite
    2. PLAla

4: cliffb599
    5. jimjo1031
    6. Herm2502
    7. Bama Samurai
    8. red abalone diver
    9. wmbjr
    10. som

The PAL Adjustable is one almighty razor in the top tier of injectors by most anyone's figuring. See if you agree and sign up to give it a try. :happy036:

14. kanos

kanos New Member

Herm2502 and Karl G like this.
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Hi Kanos - I'm guessing your post is a request to join the party. You are now on the list which is updated below. Welcome aboard! :happy036:

1. dustmite
    2. PLAla

4: cliffb599
    5. jimjo1031
    6. Herm2502
    7. Bama Samurai
    8. red abalone diver
    9. wmbjr
    10. som
    11. kanos

Anyone else ready to sign up? :)

16. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

The Pal Adjustable Is on The :transport022: Destination MY HOUSE. lol

17. Robyflexx

:happy036: Hope you enjoy it!.......:transport022:

18. Carla999

Carla999 New Member

Guys how do you use this razor is it comfortable?

Karl G, Jim99 and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It's an injector razor and takes the Schick injector blades. This razor is fantastic! Every shave is close and comfortable! As an adjustable, everyone should be able to find a setting that suits their tastes. If you like a mild shave, just turn the dial to low, and for aggressive shaves, just turn it to high.

To shave with it, use it just like any other injector razor. Similar to DE razors, angle is everything. Start by placing the top of the head of the razor to your skin and then begin to tilt it just till the blade begins to cut the hair. Little pressure is also key.

The PAL adjustable looks like it could have been built yesterday, but was first sold in 1962. It was definitely ahead of its time!

The looks and shave quality from this razor puts it at the top of my favorite razor list!

I highly recommend that you sign up for the pass around. It only costs you postage. You will be glad you did it!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Billyfergie, Robyflexx and Karl G like this.
  20. Robyflexx

:signs011:

Billyfergie and Jim99 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.