Patchouli...and the bad rap it gets...

Discussion in 'Scents' started by omegapd, Apr 19, 2009.

1. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I like CK Obsession too. So you're good there. :)

2. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

I thought about this at some length during the morning shave this morning. Seems to me that given the relatively short history of the use of "artificial fragrances" compared to the much larger period of...um...natural smelling humans (with very infrequent use of plain old soaps and even full body bathing), your assertion would appear to be totally correct. What's more, from an evolutionary standpoint, despite having lost most of our fur, even the most hairless specimens of human's have retained tufts of hair under our arms to soak up and retain the love potion. Given or evolutionary drive and biological imperative to produce "little shavers" it stands to reason that we would want to retain stuff that "stirs each others's grits". The short summary is that you must be totally correct, Chicks dig the man musk! Yes, I'll continue using Pathchouli soap because I really like it. As for the full test of this premise, which would involve long periods of sweating profusely, without showering :sick007, I'll have to pass, current social morrays being what they are :D

Historical Reference: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1881891 EEEEGGADDDS! 1 bath a year, WOW, can you say RIPE!

3. Edward

Edward New Member

Personally, I do not care for the smell of armpits - but that's just me.;)

4. fechter

fechter New Member

I use a Pathchouli / Orange soap that's pretty good. The orange balances nicely. My wife hates it but she still buys it for me.