Pay it Forward PIF

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by sparky5693, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    The power of a good deed.

Some of you already know what a "pay it forward" is, but for those who don't, wiki describes it well:

The expression "pay it forward" is used to describe the concept of asking that a good turn be repaid by having it done to others instead.

Ya never know how far a good pay it forward can go, as a matter of fact, it was a pay it forward that got me started in wetshaving. I'd been lurking around shavemyface for sometime, and decided I wanted to give wetshaving a go. I'd ordered a razor on ebay, and after 6 weeks it hadn't came. I'd almost said "to heck with it", when someone posted a 40's Gillette DE as a PIF for a newbie. Long story short, I was the recipient of that razor, and that put me on the road to where I am today.

We've just opened a section dedicated just to such generosity. For now, we'll call it Freebies, and it's located within the Marketplace. Let's see if we can spread some kindness.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Very well put. A PIF got me into the SE collecting.. I think it was great my bank account is not so sure.:D

3. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

:happy102 I no longer have a bank account! Honestly though, if it hadn't been for some of the members of this forum being as generous as they are, I'd have had very little wetshaving stuff to play with. The choices locally here are very limited, and I hadn't a clue what to try and what to avoid. I was PIFed blades, SC and SS samples, and found lots of good advice. I couldn't have come to a better forum that TSD!

4. Jim Corbett

Jim Corbett Member

I would like to personally thank MsBlackwolf for PIFing me blades to try. It was very generous and I intend to offer something to someone else as a result of that generosity. Thank you and lets keep the sharing going.

5. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Keep the good shaving Karma going.

TSD is full of some of the most generous people in the shaving community IMHO.

6. djwurm

djwurm New Member

I was PIF'ed a super speed by Blue Monkey when I first joined and since then I have had a few PIF's of my own that have gone to new members or members that have not tried a specific product. I will continue to do this when I have extra items laying around.

its nice having a section all its own for this!

7. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I absolutely believe in PIF's. I have met the greatest people and friends because of a simple PIF that didnt mean much to me but really made an impact on someone else. Karma. I strongly believe in it and will continue to do my best in spreading the wealth. I have been pretty much out of work for 6 months and havent been able to do as much as I like but soon will get back into the swing of things. There are PIF's that do go bad and off track but they are so few and far between it doesnt matter. I have never expected anything in return for a PIF(hence the name!) but I have received the best friends, gifts, and conversation out of them anyonecould ask for:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.