Pinaud Clubman Products

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DentonMajik, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

All it takes is that first one...

Slow Joe likes this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

After trying other bay rums and settling on Captains Choice, I cannot stand the smell of Virgin Island Bay Rum anymore. However, plain Clubman I enjoy quite a bit for an old school scent that doesn't slap you or people you speak with in the face. I still have to try the Veg at some point, if its good enough for Hungarian Cossacks....

ObiDon likes this.
  3. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Clubman Special Reserve is the scent that slaps everyone in the face. I'm wearing it right now. It's great. Except it slapped me in the face.

ObiDon likes this.
  4. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Of all the Clubman scents, the only one I thought was okay was the vanilla but it faded too early. My wife pretty much hated all the Clubman scents. I was pretty disappointed in most of them as well. I found the Bay Rum too clovey and the Vegetal just bad. I have always found the original just cheap smelling. Worse than Brut.

5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Am I the only one who actually like this stuff?

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  6. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Of the Clubman products I've tried Original, Lilac Vegital and Virgin Island BayRum are my favorites and get regular use. The Special Reserve not so much, although it does last, it's just to strong or something and the scent disagrees with me.. :(
    :signs011: I'd have to agree with the Mrs about Aqua Velva Musk

7. R-C

R-C Member

Whenever I walk by the barber shop on the corner, I smell a wave of Clubman talc! I think it's one of my favourite parts of getting my hair cut, when he finishes my neck with it. I love the scent!

Clubman4Life likes this.
  8. DoughBoy68

DoughBoy68 Member

The only Clubman product I have tried is the after shave. I have used Witch Hazel as an after shave followed by an after shave balm for over 5 years and have been satisfied. After reading such great reviews about Clubman I decided to give it a try......been using it after every shave since! Love the stuff!

Slow Joe likes this.
  9. Clubman4Life

Clubman4Life Active Member

If you grew up going to barbershops that used Clubman Talc then you would respect the scent. I really enjoy everything in their lineup except the Veg. Haven't tried the Citrus Musk yet.

10. R-C

R-C Member

I do respect the scent, I love it. :)

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

SWMBO comes up to me a couple of nights ago and says "smell my neck". Damn if she didn't dab a little Special Reserve on. She likes it.

Slow Joe and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Everbody digs the Clubman !! I started wearing it and not telling anyone what I'm wearing and I get more compliments....But if you tell people, half the time they will say its "old man-ish". My wife had never heard of it and she loves it...She thinks its a modern scent...

Its funny...It's kind of soft and powdery...But then 5 hours later it's still soft and powdery...;) I've started splashing Clubman AS after whatever AS I might want to use....It blends with everything and after the other AS has disappered the Clubman is still there to keep you smelling great for the rest of the day...;)

ObiDon and Slow Joe like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Maybe you should decant it to spray bottle instead of slapping it on.....};^)

14. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

I like the original. I also used the bay rum the other day. Burned like hell. I loved it.

15. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I recently started using Clubman Talc. Love the scent. Its reminiscent of childhood trips to the Barber Shop with my Dad. After shaving I dust my neck, and other spots. I need a neck duster. :drool:

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. JPJ

JPJ Active Member

I've got the classic clubman, lime sec, and vegetal ... Actually I love them all ... Lime sec is the newest and really neat after mint shave

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Yes on the aftershave and talc. Actually, the A.S. I have is the 16 oz. Country-Club, buy I'll return to the 6 oz Original when the Country Club is done.

18. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Of the Pinaud colognes / after shaves I have the following and listed them in order of favorite to least

Naturelle
    Fleur de France
    Citrus musk
    Lilac vegetal
    Bay rum
    Lime sec

19. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

fleur de France is fantastic. can't see why they would ever discontinue it.

20. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I have the original in my rotation too (on my third bottle) but some say it's just for older men. I say bring it on!