Pinaud Clubman to Glass and Upgrade That Scent.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Tim Spencer, Nov 12, 2019.

1. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

@Tim Spencer My water wasn't hot enough, I'm sure! It was starting to come loose, but I messed it up trying to get it started peeling. I know what I did wrong, so next time it'll be different.

Tim Spencer, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  2. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

Great idea. I couldn't find any cool old bottles around the house but I did have a Franks Red Hot sauce bottle that needed something done with it. I was gonna do this earlier but was concerned about getting the label off and since my handwriting stinks, I didn't know what to do. Lo and behold, come to TSD and BANG, there it is. Worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip.
    IMG_0821.JPG

3. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

I also transferred some to a small (2 oz.?) glass bottle with a plastic sprayer, so there’s still some plastic involved. At first I didn’t notice much change. If anything it smelled weaker, like it was missing something.

I didn’t touch it for a good month and tried it recently. Very nice and definitely different. Cleaner I guess. But the plastic bound juice also smells good to me. So now I have two Clubmans.

To the OP, does the plastic restrictor in the plastic Clubman bottle fit in your glass replacement?

Tim Spencer, brit and S Barnhardt like this.
  4. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I ran across something today that, I think, fits into this discussion. My wife was in the process of rinsing a worcestershire sauce bottle to put it in the recycle bin. I noticed it had a flip-top cap and screwed onto the bottle. So, I said to my self...Self! That looks like it just might be a good bottle to use to put AS in. Got to looking at it and found it was a 15 fl oz bottle with a screw-on/off cap that has a flow restrictor built into it and a flip-top. Tailor-made! So, I'm going to mention it here in case you might need to find an easily accessible bottle that you just might already have in the house. It's French's Worcestershire Sauce in a 15 fl oz bottle. I'm posting a picture of it along with another "corked" bottle I got at Hobby Lobby a week or so ago for something like $3. I hope someone can use this idea.

bottles 1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    brit, Leo501, Tim Spencer and 2 others like this.
  5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

The plastic restrictor isn't constantly touching the juice so it should effect the scent. The plastic that Pinaud uses for their bottle is cheap and clearly adds a weird smell to the sauce.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I mean,...plastic bottle for a company that got going in 1830. I'm for real glass for these fellas.

7. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Anyone do this with Aqua Velva as well?

I really like how Gillette Cool Wave comes in a glass bottle. I'll be sure to save the empty.

brit likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

This would be a good reason to shake it before application, right? That is, to cut down on the weirdness?

9. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I used a Franks Hot Sauce bottle with the same flip-top. It's very generous with it's pour since the a/s is so much thinner. I'm trying to figure something to put in it to reduce it even more. Did I say it's very generous.

S Barnhardt likes this.