Pinaud Clubman varieties...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Justin Linker, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

They've also got Lime Sec, Citrus Musk and Musk aftershaves on their website. I haven't tried any of these yet.

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I haven't seen or tried any of those yet....I guess now I'll have to give the Lime Sec a try along with the Vanilla..:happy088:....I'm not really overly fond of Musk's....Thanks for the heads up...:)

Justin Linker likes this.
  3. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

It's great to see folks here can appreciate a good A/S splash and not fall into Mantic's "avoid alcohol aftershaves like the plague!" Schtick.

4. jquarter06

jquarter06 Member

I'm a fan of the special reserve, I like the scent personally :). My only other experience is the standard, which is also nice but it doesn't seem to last very long for whatever reason. I hope to try the bay rum at some point.

5. otherstar

otherstar Rodney Dangerfield of TSD

I love the Standard. The VI Bay Rum smelled great, but had too much cinnamon in it and made me smell like a Christmas Cookie. I love the Lime Sec!

6. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

1.) Original 2.) Lime Sec 3.) Vanilla 4.) Special Reserve. Not a big Vegital fan and yet to try the Bay rum

7. fram773

fram773 Well-Known Member

You can get it much cheaper on Amazon than locally.

But to answer the question. I love the original but have not tried anything else by Clubman.

8. mbastings

mbastings Active Member

While the Special Reserve is called the original on steriods, the Musk seems to me like a slightly toned down and softer version of the original. So if you like the original, but would prefer to have one that isn't quit so heavy, give the Musk a try. I think you'd like it. Would like to try the Lime Sec myself.

Richard Jackson likes this.
  9. Cupcake~335

Cupcake~335 Member

I'm a big fan of the classic.

10. Robust Rob

Robust Rob Member

I too like the classic, I love the barber shop memories it brings. I have not tried any bay rum yet, is the Pinaud bay rum worth trying or should I try another brand first?

11. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

The Virgin Island Bay Rum had too much clove for my taste, but others love it. There's been a couple of recent threads where people discuss their recommendations on Bay Rums and there are a lot of different opinions. Of course, all that matters is your opinion (secondary to your wife's, of course) and you'll never know til you try it.

12. Robust Rob

Robust Rob Member

I've been on a DIY kick lately.... May have to research and create my own.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

A couple of places to start - here, and here.

14. drew23

drew23 Active Member

Only one I have tried is the Citrus Musk, I really like it especially with a little menthol. Wouldn't mind trying the original, lime sec, and lilac vegetal.

15. Littlemax

Littlemax Member

The VIBR is my fav. I spice it up with additional dark rum and orange peel.

16. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

i like them all, but vanilla is probably my favorite. but i always add plenty of menthol crystals to all of my after shaves.

17. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

This is an easy answer. Special Reserve by far. I really like the whiff I get later on in the day. When I step out of my work truck wearing my tool belt (on a Special Reserve day) I feel like John Wayne or Clint Eastwood dismounting their horse with a six-shooter strapped to their side. Definitely a he-man scent with a capital he. I've even worn it to church.

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor

:signs011: Me, too.

Ryan B likes this.
  19. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My dad tried it for the first time last night too. He said he really likes it too.

20. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I like the original. Special Reserve I can only use as a cologne and with a few dabs here or there; I like it, it is just very strong for my nose. Just got the Lime Sec and it has to be my favorite Pinaud product. VIBR is good but I kinda got tired of the clove and prefer Masters to it by a long shot. Lilac Veg, same with the Masters; I don't mind it but I think Masters' beats it.

Haven't tried the others.

Reeeeeally diggin' the Lime Sec though.