Pinaud Clubman varieties...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Justin Linker, Aug 19, 2013.

1. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with you. Special Reserve is strong stuff. I'm not sure if musky is the right word but it is about as old timey and manly as it gets in my opinion (that's not an insult). It's very unique and I enjoy for certain occasions. First time I used it I applied it as I do with Aqua Velva and I smelt like I used a whole bottle of cologne. A little goes a long way with is stuff.

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Both are good products so it really depends on what you like and what works well for you. I use 3 of the Clubman aftershaves, Original, Musk, and Special Reserve. The Citrus Musk is (IMO) more citrus than musk, is a cologne (rather than an aftershave) and only comes in a 12 oz bottle. If you're looking specifically for a musk scent you may find the Citrus Musk to be too much citrus and not enough musk and end up with a beer can full of product you may not like so I'd try to get my hands on a sample or find a brick and mortar store where you can sniff some.
    Musk scents I currently have include Clubman, Royall, Aqua Velva, and Old Spice. If I had to throw one away it'd be the Aqua Velva and in the best value for the money category it'd have to be the Clubman.

3. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

That's good info thanks!

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

SWMBO can't stand the smell of Clubman Pinaud. "you smell like an old man."
    Since I never used aftershave before, what are good AS's that don't "smell like an old man?"
    I've been wanting to try some type of bay rum AS. Any suggestions, or does it smell like an "old man?"

DLreno likes this.
  5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Since I'm an "old man", you probably shouldn't listen to any of my suggestions :) I like the Pinaud Clubman.

Bay Rum is certainly an old scent you don't run across much today, I don't think you can find any bay rum scents in the perfume and cologne boutiques.

If you want something different, go with Lilac Vegetal. I like it but most don't. After you wear it for awhile your significant other may decide she really likes the smell of Pinaud Clubman. :D

6. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

That's a good idea. Something she likes less will make Clubman better.
    I actually like the Pinaud, but oh well.

Paul Turner likes this.
  7. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

You might like the Vanilla. My son likes that one best (and so do I).

8. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Pinaud also makes "lime sec eau de cologne" which smells like lime. I love the stuff but I'm an old man. You may end up smelling like an old man eating limes. lol. I think maybe us older guys may need to let the younger guys answer this one. Maybe even some of the ladies can chime in and tell you what scents they like on their guys.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. LifesShort

LifesShort Well-Known Member

Agreed. I love almost all of the old man scents. I don't care for too many of today's scents. I, too, really like lime sec.

Paul Turner likes this.
  10. Grick

Grick Active Member

The Special Reserve smells too old for me. I prefer the Original. The Bay Rum has hefty clove fragrance which I like.​

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That comment does make it sound inviting.

12. Paul Turner

many Amazon purchasers gave high marks to the Vanilla.

13. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

How about Pinaud Wild Herbal? I really like it. It's like Clubman, but with greenery.... FB_IMG_1469194387821.jpg

14. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've been thinking of getting Pinaud Clubman Osage Rub Refreshing Menthol. Has anyone used it and can anyone compare it to Stephan Men's Alpine.

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  15. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Ebery time I think I have tried all the clubman scents, I disciver a new one.

I was just on their website and saw GALLON SIZED aftershaves. Wow! I had no idea they made those...

jimjo1031 likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Those may be the bay rums.

17. Paul Turner

I don't know your age, but I'm 59, and too old to smell like a "young" man.

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  18. jimjo1031

yeah, I saw it on ebay

19. Paul Turner

was it the original?

20. jimjo1031

Ok, seems like I thought it was Pinaud. It says Clubman Lustray, Blue Spice, Lilac, Spice and Menthol varieties