Pinaud Clubman

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Hank, Nov 10, 2010.

1. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I find the Special Reserve quite strong out of the bottle. I think it's the strong patchouli top notes that hit you right away. But I really love the dry down aroma. Luckily, it dries down fairly quickly, as do most of the Clubman scents.

2. Absolute classic, smells fantastic. I haven't met a pinaud after shave I didn't like...

Paul Turner likes this.
  3. sffone

sffone Member

I wholeheartedly agree. I like them all!

4. mandoman

mandoman Member

my wife tell me i smell like a old man when i ware it :happy102

5. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

I have the VIBR, Lilac Vegetal, Regular Clubman, Special Reserve and Vanilla. Haven't picked up the Citrus Musk or Lime Sec yet, but I'll get there.

6. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Mine too! :happy102

7. sffone

sffone Member

Since I AM an old man, it's OK if people tell me that.:happy102

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

No fragrance that has lasted for 205 years(and running fast)smells like that.

9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

the risk is minimal, seems like it's everywhere, and sold for little.

10. Paul Turner

I'll just say that on Amazon, a woman wrote a comment on it, essentially saying there is no men's aftershave that smells as "delicious"(her word)than Clubman. I have the aftershave, as well as the shampoo, and when the weather gets more fall-like, I'll be more than ready to return to the Club.

11. Paul Turner

I guess that means I have Draggon Noir deodorant soap in my shower :).

12. Paul Turner

I like the dog on the left, but your story saddened me.

blanka likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

At 58, I am not a YOUNG man, so give me that "O" word, ladies!!!

14. Paul Turner

On Youtube, one of the guys doing ads for FINE aftershave called ALL of them "awesome sauce". Call me old-school, but I think Clubman has a great, manly, barbershop scent.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  15. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

I like the scent and think "Barbershop" is a perfect description but I think it is kind of strong. The barber shop I use uses Clubman Talc.

If you're like me, you have trouble wrapping your head around "top notes, middle notes, bottom notes" and that kind of talk, but if you do understand fragrance description, go to this site: http://www.clubmanonline.com/after-shave-cologne.html.

Here's what the manufacturer says about it:
    Clubman After Shave Lotion is the quintessential after shave.
      • Cools, exhilarates...
      • Soothes tender skin...
      • Helps heal razor nicks...
    It's a suave, masculine fragrance, bursting with top notes of orange, bergamot and mouth-watering lemon with green nuances throughout. The floral heart of jasmine, orange flower and geranium dance with lavender and is completed with a warm musk background.

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

Excellent point.

17. Paul Turner

To paraphrase from a poster on here, it may be more reasonable to say Brut is similar to Clubman. But I certainly agree with your opener.

18. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I enjoy my clubman original. It's powdery and flowery and smells really good on me. My fiancé likes it too. I would like to try the lime sec and the veg soon but I've gotten enough new shaving things lately so I'm waiting a month before I get anything new. I try not to push my luck with the significant other by getting massive amounts of stuff all at once.

19. Paul Turner

That's my situation, Ducky-I have a good supply of shaving paraphernalia now-I'm not sure when I'll be ordering something new.

20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I just picked up a bottle of clubman this weekend and was thinking that I couldn't wait to try out this "old man scent". Well, much to my dismay, it's more like an old "dead man's" scent! This stuff is dreadful and I was sick from the stench entire day!

I'm sorry to be so harsh, but maybe I just had a bad batch. So, I'll hang onto it and try it again in a few weeks. I hope it gets better with age.

HolyRollah likes this.