Pinaud Clubman

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Hank, Nov 10, 2010.

1. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Well I can vouch that it does not smell like skunk urine. I can't think of any discriptor but to say that when my mom sent me to the barber shop (a real one) back the late 50's - that's what it smells like to me. The barber had about 10 glass bottles of after shave lined up on a shelf on the wall mirror and he would pour some in his hand after the hair cut and rub it on my neck. You can't get that for 50 cents (or less) anymore. You about can't go wrong with C.P. - about 7 bucks at Walgreens (one of the few things the French got right).

Paul Turner and waddowedonowmo like this.
  2. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

Skunk urine

3. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

It's a smell that cracks me up. One area of this hobby I've got pretty well knocked and I doubt I'll ever have a wandering nose. I use:

4711 because it reminds me of my Mom
    Aqua Velva because it reminds me of my Dad
    Clubman because I just think it's hilarious smelling. Something right out of Mayberry.

You want me to describe it? All I keep coming up with is an old man's hat. That's not a literal description, but it makes sense to me.

Mitch likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My "barbarette" pronounces it "Clubmon"...I always thought it was ClubMAN. Who's right?

5. waddowedonowmo

waddowedonowmo Well-Known Member

It reminds me of Ralph Fallone's Barber Shop back in the 50's and 60's. I think I will pick up bottle at Walgreen's today.

Paul Turner, Spyder and BigCabDaddy like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I like it. But the wife hates it. She says it smells just like Thrift stores. Funny thing I like going to thrift stores she doesn't. So needless to say I do not get to wear it. That is unless she is gone for the day. Then I will be a bad boy and use it.:)

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm glad I do.

8. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

Powdery oak moss.

Classic barbershop.

Paul Turner and BigCabDaddy like this.
  9. Jbrew

Jbrew Well-Known Member

Classic manliness.

Paul Turner and BigCabDaddy like this.