Plates & Placesettings

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Brad Smith, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Brad Smith

Brad Smith New Member

So I'm in the market for some new plates, silverware, and glasses. I want to get a core set of 4 place settings that hopefully have some style. I've always loved plates that are darkly colored (like blacks, maroons, deep greens, etc.) as well as those that are oddly shaped (especially the square plates).

I was looking at the following from Crate & Barrel:
    Plates
    Silverware
    Glasses

I like the styles, but the price is up there. It's in the realm of $250-$380 depending on what combinations I get. Before I spend that much money, I wanted to check in here. Any ideas of other places to look? Are the prices reasonable? Any place setting recommendations?

2. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

You might try Bed, Bath and Beyond. They have a pretty decent selection (I think) and the prices aren't quite where you are with Crate and Barrel.

3. Jim

Jim The Goose Is Loose

A local restaurant supply may have a better quality plate at a comparable price -some allow walk ins and open box (small lot) buys.

4. MaduroMan_wcp

MaduroMan_wcp New Member

dude,
    check out Fiesta Ware, the colors avalable are great, they are substantial and you can do what my wife and I did, mix and match colors. we have a place sitting for 8 people and all 8 are different colors....