Please be gentle with me :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Elaine Brindley, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Elaine Brindley

Elaine Brindley New Member

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome - I will keep you updated on my progress :)

2. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

You might be able to pick up some cheap/free samples there as well. Then choose some that you really enjoy. They are more expensive than most creams however you can still use them everyday if you choose or less frequently. :)

3. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

TOBS really isn't that much more expensive, especially in the UK, 6 pounds for a pot, vs 4 pounds for a tube of Proraso. ;)

4. aircoder

aircoder Member

My wife switched over to a ladies gillette when I bought her one a few years ago, though she is always begging me to shave her legs with one of my straight razors which she prefers more. She has grown a liking to Mitchel's woolfat soap, as well as AOS rose cream. Her routine when she shaves with the DE is shower, brush with cream, shave, then witch hazel. After that she uses her regular body lotion on her legs like a after shave balm. When I shave her legs with a straight it's the same except I use a lavendar preshave oil that I mixed up for her using simple ingredients. Any way you do it the key is take your time and use light preasure. Ladies tend to use allot of pressure with a razor on there legs, which can make the switch to a DE difficult. Hope that helps Welcome to TDS and enjoy the journey!

5. Dslazar9

Dslazar9 Took the Menthol-cratic Oath

Welcome to the Den and to the world of wet shaving. Men can also use the "ladies" razors-I have two Gillette Blues. I haven't been able to get my wife or
    daughter to take to this, so I have two more razors in my collection. They're always welcome to change their minds. They can even poach from my
    collection like my son currently is.

6. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

Welcome to the Den! Enjoy your stay here and Happy Shaving!

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I agree on the Long Handled Super Adjustable.

You can also try the advice given on this posting.

Oh, BTW, Welcome to the Den!

8. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Ya that is about the same as here. I don't mind paying the extra 4 dollars for it. Just because i prefer it. Great scents and amazing lather. If I were you I would buy probably 2 of each tub and send one to me so i can try it... THEN see what you guys prefer.

Wish I lived in the UK or just for a visit so i could buy me some tubs for cheap... no shipping adds up fast :)

9. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to The Shave Den Lainey, a great community of guys and gals that enjoy wet shaving, I hope you enjoy your stay!

Be sure to sign up for the August Newbie Give-Away for a chance to win some great shave gear!

You'll find the Welcome to The Shave Den Master Sticky, put together by our very own Queen of Blades, will help you find your way around the forums.

10. herzi

herzi Active Member

11. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Hello and welcome to the shave den.:)

12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hi Elaine, and welcome to the Den...Hope you find the warm atmoshere and friendly Den-mates helpful on you quest for great shaves.
    JoAnna is so right, as usual, about razors not being gender specific...I've noticed more than a couple men around here using the Schick "Lady Eversharp" Injector...Which is the same as the regular long handle Schick J type, with the Hydro-magic lever to make cleaning under the blade soo easy...

13. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Welcome to TSD - as you are aware everybody is willing to help you here - I am sure you will like it here and you already fit in well!

14. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Howdy and Welcome to The Shave Den!

15. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Welcome!
    The Lady Gillette is my preference, but use whatever works for you.

16. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Welcome to the Den.